Issue with fresh install of Roon on Synology NAS

Using Synology NAS DS3612xs CPU 3.1Ghz Intel Core i3-2100. SYNOLOGY Diskstation version 6.2.4-25556 Update 5. ROON on NAS version RoonServer_Synology_x86_64_2021-03-08 (1)
Roon V 1.8 (build 913) stable (64 bit)
Tablet iPhone Roon V 1.8 (build 913) stable.
Used Sandisk USB SSD 500gb for Roon Server.

I have had problems using my external USB SSD Drive and so I’m trying to rebuild my Roon server core.

I removed the usb drive and then uninstalled the RoononNas Synology app.

I created a new shared RoonServer folder on my Synology NAS and then reinstalled the RoononNas Roon app.
I got an error on installing the app and it mentioned either a corrupted file or tmp was full.

I’m not able to find where the tmp file is located in the NAS.

Does anyone have any advice for reinstalling the app please?

I’m not able to successfully reinstall the app.

This is the error I get:

Failed to install “Roon Server”
An error occured while extracting the installation archive. The archive might be corrupt or the tmp directory has no space left.

I’m going round in circles to resolve it but I cannot reinstall the RoononNAS Synology app at the moment. I hope someone can help me.

Try to get in touch with the package developer (@crieke) with a Personal Message for instance. Probably he can help you out of the troubles.

It seems to me that the cause of the error lies in “I removed the usb drive and then uninstalled the RoononNas Synology app.”

If it were possible you had better uninstalled the package first and than removed the USB SSD drive.

I don’t know if I understand your post well, but it is not neccessary and not convenient to install the Roon package itself on an external SSD drive (see the problems you now are experiencing). Installing only Roon’s database on a SSD is good enough (and important for better performance)

Did you power cycle after uninstalling Roon Server?

MD …

Yes. I did that.

hi @Andrew_Millner ,
I’m sorry for the late reply.

I was wondering, if the download process of the RoonServer might fail on your diskstation (for whatever reasons), which causes the extraction to fail and give you the error…
To rule this out, could you try to manually download Roon Server X64 Linux archive and put it in your Diskstation “public” shared folder? (If the “public” (all lowercase!) share does not exist on your diskstation, please create it manually).
The downloaded file should not be renamed and copied to the “public” share.

Then perform the installation again.

Thank you very much. The app has now downloaded correctly and ROON is indexing a fresh database.
Once again. Thank you.
It will take a while to complete the ROON indexing. If I have any further issue, may I message you please?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.