Issue with NUC and music server setup in Roon app (ref#V1CHUN)

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble with my DAC, speakers, streamer, etc.

What best describes the issue with your audio device?

· My device used to show up in Settings > Audio, now it's gone

Describe the issue

I had a NUC and moved toa new house. (same router and passwords) try to set my stereo gain. I can't find the NUC or a new music server I just bought in setup but do see another piece of equipment, my Sonos beam that goes with my tv. Music will play on the beam. So, I know Roon works, it has all my music (via Tidal) but I can't get it to see the old NUC or new Music server Silent Angel using their app.

Describe your network setup

Modem is from my ISP, the router is a Netgear Nighthawk Music server is Silent Angel but I have the same issue with an Intel NUC

Can you clarify your setup in more detail? You say that Roon is working, but it is not clear where your Roon Server is running - it is clearly not running on the NUC, since you say you can’t see it in Roon.

So what is the NUC used for in your setup? As a storage device for local music, as a Roon endpoint or what? And what operating system is being used on the NUC. Thank you.

Hello @william_george ,

Thanks for reaching out. I activated diagnostics for your account and I see a currently active Windows 11 machine, which I assume is your main Roon Server. It looks to be working ok from what I can tell. It would be helpful if you could share a few screenshots of what you mean when you say you can’t find the NUC.

If you have connected to a different Roon Server recently, you may need to press the “Select a different Roon Server” button on your Roon remotes to reconnect to the main Roon server.