Issue with Nucleus Plus recognition and restarts due to change in router - Need assistance with reinstallation (ref#4DS3B2)

Is Roon Server running?

· Yes, Roon Server is turned on and running.

What do you see on your screen?

· "Looking for your Roon Server"

Please select how you've connected your Roon Server to the internet

· Roon Server is connected by *Ethernet*

What is the operating system of your Roon Server host machine?

· *Nucleus*

Select any of the following components that are present in your local network setup

· *VPN* installed on RoonServer or Roon Remotes

Describe the issue

The nucleus plus could not be recognized repeatedly and a restart was required to solve the problem. I used the reinstall button on the web management interface screen to reinstall Roon OS, but it did not solve the problem. I also reset Roon Database & Settings, but it did not solve the problem. Generally, I have to hard restart the machine (long press the power button) after half a day to a day, otherwise it will not be recognized. The original reason was that I changed the router at home for wifi7. Now because of this nucleus plus, I replaced the old router and the above problem occurred. The strange thing is that the IP and port have been restored to the previous state. So I thought I could only try to flash the machine again with a USB flash drive, but there is no place to download roon OS! Help!

Describe your network setup

My Nucleus and iMac are both connected via a wired connection to the switch, and the iMac has a VPN installed

Hi @Gang_Xu,

Thanks for taking the time to write in!

While we troubleshoot, please hardwire the Nucleus directly to your primary router, and keep your VPN disabled (the use of a VPN falls outside the scope of support.)

Take note of the specific date, time, and if applicable the name of track playing when you get stuck searching for Roon Server again.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.