Issue with PS Audio Directstream Bridge II

Hello all,
I have a PS Audio Directsream DAC, equipped with Bridge II. I have installed Roon on trial on a Toshiba laptop running Windows 7.
It works fine through the USB connection, but not when I choose the Bridge input on the PS Audio DAC. I see the Bridge in Windows in the list of peripherals, and I got it to work in my trial JR River with files. But in Roon, whatever device I select only plays through USB, not ethernet. I am surprised because PS Audio is listed on the Roon website as a hardware partner.
What I am trying to do is to stream Tidal through Roon and the PS Audio ethernet connection on the Bridge II. I can just stream Tidal through USB, and use J River for files through the Bridge, without Roon, but would prefer to use Roon for files and Tidal through the Bridge.
Your help is greatly appreciated!

Phil, Streaming to the PS Audio Directstream should be available with the forthcoming release of the Roonspeaker protocol, currently as you have discovered only USB is supported, Meridian HW is the only one currently supported for streaming.

Russ

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Is this for sure? Any idea of the timing?

Phil

They are actively working on this and PS Audio were said to be one of the first to implement, no timelines though, one of the Roon team maybe able to provide more information?

Russ

Phil, have a look at this post

Russ

Thanks again for your quick reply, Russ. I don’t have the NAD, so I guess I will have to wait. In the meantime, I will continue my Roon trial over USB.
If I buy Roon after the trial, will I automatically get ethernet Bridge II access when it is implemented, or do I need to wait for that implementation and then subscribe to Roon?

Phil

I would say that once subscribed any enhancements will be automatically rolled out to you in Roon updates?

Russ

Thank you for all your help, Russ

Phil

@Ratbert is correct on all points. We are working on the RoonSpeakers stuff actively, now that 1.1 and iOS are out the door.

I can’t speak to the timelines of specific third party companies, but PS Audio has been very enthusiastic. It wouldn’t surprise me if they were one of the first integrations.

We’ll update with more firm timelines as we get there, but RoonSpeakers is the big project for us right now, just like iOS + new Metadata functionality was over the summer.

Thank you Brian.
Food for thought, as I must choose between
-no soft (streaming Tidal through USB,
-J River, which works with the PS Audio on Ethernet for files, but does not have Tidal,
-Roon.

Phil

Hello,

I just signed the petition “Bring together Roon & PS Audio Bridge II” and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.

Our goal is to reach 100 signatures and we need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:

Thanks!
Mark