Issue with Qobuz bookmarks

Bookmarks within Qobuz don’t seem to work on iOS. For example I tried to bookmark Qobuz New Releases Classical. The bookmark gets set up, but just takes me to Qobuz.

Hi @Jez,

Can you share a screenshot of where you’re creating the Bookmark and then a screenshot of where the Bookmark takes you?

Thanks!

Ok, I go to Qobuz New Releases select Genre: Classical and make a bookmark called “Qobuz New Classical”

I then change the Genre selection in Qobuz to Jazz.

I then go to Albums.

I then select my bookmark “Qobuz New Classical”, and it takes me to Qobuz New Releases Jazz - ie it is not respecting my Genre selection within Qobuz. Nor I have noticed does the Genre selection always persist in Qobuz under iOS

It appears that Roon is bookmarking “Genre”. So whatever choice of Genre you last had active in that Qobuz section is what the bookmark returns.

To reproduce. I went to Qobuz, genre selected Jazz, made a bookmark. choose other bookmarks and went back and forth, it always returned me to Jaxx. I then went to the Genre choice and selected Children. Now the bookmark returns me to Children.

Well, that’s not how I would expect a bookmark to behave in this context. Bookmarks are about bookmarking a particular view. So if I am in Albums and use focus to go down to Genre= Classical and bookmark that, then that bookmark always returns me to Classical, not whatever genre I lasted selected in focus. I would expect Roon to behave the same inside Qobuz, otherwise it is inconsistent not to mention annoying,

Hi @Jez,

I checked with the team on this and, currently, this is the expected behavior in when bookmarking this screen.

Since this appears to be “working as designed” I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the 'feature request" section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

Thanks for the feedback here, Jez. It’s greatly appreciated!

Thanks for checking. It may well be designed to be that way, but the design creates an inconsistency. If I can bookmark a genre in my own library through focus it is reasonable and intuitive to expect to be able to bookmark a genre in Qobuz.

I have just checked making bookmarks for other tabs in Qobuz, such as Playlists, Taste of Qobuz and My Qobuz. Bookmarks don’t work for these either, all they do is take you to wherever you were in Qobuz. So really bookmarks don’t work at all in Qobuz.

I will nonetheless make a feature request.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.