Issue with Roon ARC connectivity on 5G network (ref#UYFETD)

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble with Roon ARC

What best describes your issue with ARC

· Other

Describe the issue

Roon arc only works when my phone is connected to my home internet network, but not when I'm away on 5G.

Describe your network setup

Roon server is installed on top of an Ubuntu distribution running on a laptop. It is on ethernet. Roon works perfectly. The issue is only with arc. Nothing special about my setup.

Go to the Roon app > Settings > Roon ARC and post the error message that will probably be displayed there

1 Like

Hi @Gustavo_Lucena_Gomez,

I wanted to check in on this thread and see if you were able to review the error message @Suedkiez mentioned above?

If you’re able to share a screenshot, or copy+paste the error code here, that would be helpful.

We also have a detailed help article that breaks down common error codes and common solutions that may be helpful:

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :+1:

I’m so stupid. Forgot my server laptop (where Roon server runs) is often on a VPN. Just tested and, indeed, when the server’s VPN is on, obviously Roon ARC phone app has trouble finding its way to the server when the phone is on 5G (on wifi at home it’s fine).

I think I need to tweak the VPN settings so that Roon server is still findable.

Anyway, definitely not an issue with Roon software. Sorry. If needed this post can be deleted.

Thank you, though, because it is the settings page where you told me to look in Roon app which got me thinking because of the error message.

EDIT: in fact you might still be able to help. I need to know what executable or shell script I need to exclude (bypass VPN) so that Roon server is findable by Roon arc app when the phone is on 5G and the VPN is running on the laptop where Roon server runs. So far I’ve tried to exclude a number of those (see screenshot) but to no avail:

/opt/RoonServer/RoonDotnet/RoonServer
/opt/RoonServer/RoonDotnet/RoonAppliance
/opt/RoonServer/RoonDotnet/RAATServer
/opt/RoonServer/start/sh
/etc/systemd/system/roonserver.service

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

@Gustavo_Lucena_Gomez, I marked this as solved but then moved it to Tinkering in case other users may have ideas on the VPN question (ARC VPNs are not supported unless it is based on a Tailscale implementation, although Wireguard has also been shown to work for some users).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.