Issue with Roon log-in and server connection on Nucleus and PC (ref#N5PC0B)

Is Roon Server running?

· No, Roon Server is not running.

For Roon connectivity to work properly, both Roon Server and Roon Remote need to be turned on.

· I can't turn on Roon Server, I need help.

Describe the issue

Roon keep asking for log-in and Sign In, cannot find server both Nucleus and PC.

Describe your network setup

Interner router --> Network Switching --> Repeater --> Roon Nucleus

Can you see the Nucleus on the local network? Does it appear in the device list that you may be able to see in your Router admin pages?

Can you see the Nucleus Web admin page by going to http://nucleus or entering the ip address of your Nucleus in your web browser?

Note for other models of Nucleus (plus, one, titan), the url for the nucleus can be found at:

If you can not see the Nucleus on the network, can you connect a monitor or TV to the HDMI port? You should see some diagnostic text. If everything is working, this will include the ip address of the nucleus. If no text is shown, then the Nucleus may be faulty. If the text is shown, but no ip address is shown, then there may be a network issue. The text may give you a clue as to what this problem is.

In your network setup description you mention ‘repeater’.

This gives rise to a couple of other questions:

Is Wifi involved in the connection from the Roon Nucleus to the Internet Router? It is recommended to avoid the use of WiFi to connect your Nucleus (or indeed any Roon Server).

Is the Nucleus on the same subnet as the computer from which you are trying to connect? If they are both on the same subnet, they should have the same first 3 parts of the 4 part ip 4 address (e.g. 192.168.0.x) assuming that your netmask (set in the router) is 255.255.255.0.

2 Likes

Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for your help.

Can you see the Nucleus on the local network? Does it appear in the device list that you may be able to see in your Router admin pages?
Yes, I can see the Nuclues in my Router Admin page.

Can you see the Nucleus Web admin page by going to http://nucleus or entering the ip address of your Nucleus in your web browser?

Yes, I tried everything, Reboot, Reinstall OS, Restart Server, Reset Roon database. Nothing happens.

I’ve tried to bypass my repeater and connect direct from network switch but the problem still the same. I use only LAN, no wifi.

This is the first time with this problem. I use this set up quite a long time without any difficulties at all. They just keep asking to “Log in” then “Welcome Back” the Log in an go on and on.

BTW, For the iPhone app, it show “Waiting for your Roon Server…”

Thank you so much for your help,

Do you, at any point in the process, see a screen that looks like:

If so, you may well be able to resolve the issue by cliing on the ‘Unauthorize’ button at the bottom-right.

Sometimes Roon gets confused about the identity of the server that is logged into your Roon subscription. Clicking ‘Unauthorize’ effectively ends any previous login on that subscription which allows you to proceed as if you have not logged in previously.

Once you click on ‘Unauthorise’, then you should be able to continue the login normally.

1 Like

Unfortunately, all I can get is this page in my iPhone.

Hit select a different Roon Server.
Accept the question it asks.
This should then present you with a list of all available Roon servers on your network.

1 Like

Hi, It’s Back.

I uninstalled the Roon in my iPhone. Reinstalled and login everything from beginning and it’s worked!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.