Issue with Roon not Airplaying to Sonos after electrical meter replacement (ref#D66DYP)

What best describes your playback issue?

· Other

Is there a specific error message you see? If so, please select from the following options:

· "Roon lost control of audio device"

Please try to reboot your Roon Server and check to see if this helps.

· Rebooting my Server had no effect, the issue remains

Please try to reboot and unplug/replug in your affected audio device and check to see if this helps.

· Rebooting and unplugging/replugging my audio device, the issue remains

Please open your Roon Remote and select the "System Output" Zone and try to play to it. Do you encounter any playback errors with this Zone?

· Playback *errors for both* my other zone and when I play to System Output as well

Please try fully rebooting your network equipment

· No, I'm still having trouble

An issue with playback on System Output and another zone often indicates a network security problem. *Check your firewall(s)* to ensure that *Roon*, *RoonServer *and *RAATServer* are allowed to properly communicate

· I'm still having problems / This isn't relevant to me

Does the issue happen with local library music, streaming service music, or both?

· Both local and streaming content are affected

Please try playing content of a lower sample rate (44.1kHz or 48kHz). Do you still have the same issue?

· No, lower sample rates are still affected

What is the model/manufacturer of the affected audio device(s) and the connection type?

· Sonos1s, Sonos 5s, Sonos Move 1s & 2s, Symfonisk Frames Wireless

Describe the issue

The utility company replaced my electrical meter, the service kicked everything off. Now Roon will not airplay to sonos where it was happily rolling along previously. I have a Intel 11 NUC as my Core, Asus 11,000 Router, Fiber 1G, all sonos 2 ready speakers, have removed firewalls, etc... Also the one Sonos speaker showed up as a Roon Ready Device that was previously just a net work device and when I request the system to find my Roon Core, it just rotates around and around. At this point I am a tad bit frustrated because as we all know sonos is a tad bit mess up. I am still using the old android S2 app on all of my devices just for that reason. Thank you for your assistance in advance. Roxie/Mary

Describe your network setup

LAN thru Switch to NUC ASUS 11,000 Router, Nokia ONT, Home Asstant connected to same router switch (no wired connections to sonos)

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sync Gap Issue Between AirPlay 1 and AirPlay 2 Speakers in Roon Update (ref#O6CEQY)