Issue with Roon playback on stereo system from Nucleus (ref#QA2M69)

What best describes your playback issue?

· Other

Is there a specific error message you see? If so, please select from the following options:

· Other

Please try to reboot your Roon Server and check to see if this helps.

· Rebooting my Server had no effect, the issue remains

Please try to reboot and unplug/replug in your affected audio device and check to see if this helps.

· Rebooting and unplugging/replugging my audio device, the issue remains

Please open your Roon Remote and select the "System Output" Zone and try to play to it. Do you encounter any playback errors with this Zone?

· I can play back music *without issue to System Output*, it is only the *other zone that has issues*

What method is the audio device connected with to the server (Roon Ready, HDMI, USB, AirPlay, Chromecast, etc.)?

· USB

Is the audio device on the latest firmware version, as per the manufacturer's app?

· Yes

Is there any change in behavior when using a different cable for the connection for the audio device?

· No, using a different cable didn't change anything

Have you reached out to the manufacturer of the audio device regarding this issue yet?

· No, I have not reached out

Does the issue happen with local library music, streaming service music, or both?

· Both local and streaming content are affected

Please try playing content of a lower sample rate (44.1kHz or 48kHz). Do you still have the same issue?

· No, lower sample rates are still affected

What is the model/manufacturer of the affected audio device(s) and the connection type?

· Nucleus. Van Alstine Poer Amp, DAC, and Pre.

Describe the issue

All is hooked up, (Nucleus), Roon plays fine on my Imac, but not on my stereo system, checked fuses in Van Alstine power amp, Nucleus zone is enabled and I dont hear anything from either ROON or Tidal. My library is loaded onto Nucleus.

Describe your network setup

Verizon 5G router, Nucleus directly connected via ethernet. It is recognized on my network. No sound output.

So the DAC is connected by USB to the Nucleus?

And when you say that “I dont hear anything from either ROON or Tidal“, how are you playing Tidal?

Correct. Tidal is linked through ROON. Tidal works great on my Ipad, Iphone, Imac, through bluetooth speakers. But my 20K audio system is silent. Nucleus is on the network via direct connection to router via ethernet. I downloaded my entire library via USB (took 5 hours).

Under settings → audio, can you see your DAC in the list of possible devices?

Like in my example, with the Hegel USB connection.

Update… DAC problem, fixed. Kicking ass. Thanks everyone. I still see my Salk Stream listed too, I wonder if that would work again.

What was the resolution?

I don’t quite know. I think it may have has something to do with the DAC.

I hooked up the ROON stream and it showed on my network immediately, but it took a few days to get output. I think my Imac has something to do with it. I can control without issues on my Iphone. (ROON and Tidal)

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.