Issue with Roon + Qobuz + NUC

NAS, NUC and Lumin U1 MIni connected to a dedicated switch (connected via fiber to a second switch, connected to the router)

yes: changed to CloudFlare to have flawless Qobuz streaming
as I said… did it well before running Roon ROCK on a NUC

Two weeks ago? I think the last reply from @nuwriy was three days ago.

Hi @Hector_G,

I’ve shifted your posts into the previous thread so that we can have all the information in one place.

By this, @nuwriy was requesting a timestamp of when the issue occurs so that we can cross-reference your ROCK logs for any issues. Can you please provide the exact local time + date + track you run into the next issue with Qobuz?

Example of what we are looking for:
“Tried to play “Dark Side of the Moon” on 8/10/20 at 11:22AM and it failed”

Once we have this information, we can check to see if logs provide further clues, thanks!

2 Likes

Hello @Hector_G, my apologies for the delay, but I’m ready for the timestamp when you have a moment. Also, the DNS change is a good idea, let me know how it goes!

1 Like

Nope, I mean when Roonc cloud server has issues then that’s the only time I get issues with Tidal or Qobuz.

Tried to play in Qobuz the following three tracks on 08/10/20 at 10:11 pm and all failed:
RoonShareImage-637326942414701577 RoonShareImage-637326942294501439 RoonShareImage-637326941815028981

Please see the three tracks below. All tried successively on 08/10/2020 at 10:11 pm and all failed. Thanks

When I tried to play tracks internally stored in the NUC SDD, I also have problems !
I get the following message:
“An audio file is loading slowly. This may indicate a performance or hardware problem”
The problem is therefore not only with Qobuz ! It gets worse when loading long tracks (e.g. 10 minute tracks). Please advise on how to further test this NUC unit. Thanks.

Hello Nuwriy,
The problem with the NUC running ROCK is not only with Qobuz … The problem also happens when playing music stored on the NUC SSD.
It is a problem with how the new NUC connects to the network.
Problem description:
NUC running ROCK is correctly identified in the network. But when playing tracks, it almost always skips tracks and gives an error message “An audio file is loading slowly. This may indicate a performance or hardware problem”. Sometimes I need to select the same song several times, then it plays. Sometimes it keeps skipping.
Since this also happens with content stored in the NUC’s SDD, it does not seem related to DNS server.
I have tried several ethernet cables and different ports in the router to connect the NUC.
Any suggestions on how to diagnose this problem will be appreciated !
Thanks, Hector

Hello @Hector_G, that’s some helpful information! Thanks for passing it along. Are you noticing this on a particular output for local content or does it happen on any remote you use?

Hi Nuwriy,
I’ve tried on two different end points (Win 10 PC and also Cambridge 851N streamer) and the problem is identical on both.
The NUC is directly connected to the router, the end points are connected via WiFi.
Thanks.

Hello @Hector_G,

I spoke with the team about this issue and they recommended you try playing to the HDMI output of the NUC, even if you don’t have anything plugged in there. This should let us see if that too has issues. I’m also going to enable diagnostics for your NUC so I can prepare a report for the team so please provide a timestamp when you do this test.

Also, when you tried the Cambridge, was it connected via Ethernet or Wi-Fi? Can we try it on Ethernet? Thanks!

Hello,
Do I need to connect a monitor with built-in speakers to the HDMI output of the NUC ? Or just select the HDMI output and hit play (even though I cannot hear anything ?) .
I’ll send you a new time stamp after I try this test.
The Cambridge 851N streamer is connected to the network via WiFi. I have another streamer (Bluesound Node 2i) that is directly connected to the router , so we can use that one for testing if needed.
Thanks

Playing to the HDMI output on the NUC works successfully at all times.
Playing the same track to the output of my PC causes the usual error “An audio file is loading slowly. This may indicate a performance or hardware problem”.
The time stamp is: 08/15/2020, 9:03 Am EST
RoonShareImage-637330788414962053
Both the PC and the Cambridge 851n are connected via WiFi.
Thanks

Hello @Hector_G,

I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis.

Ok Thanks - let me know if you need anything else.

Hello @Hector_G, I checked in for the report but it looks like it hasn’t come in yet. Could you please start Roon on the NUC so the report can upload? Thanks!

The NUC was off but it’s running now. Please let me know if I need to do anything else. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.