Issue with Roon Remote Connection on iPhone and iPad (ref#JFCSYH)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

*None* of my remotes can connect

Roon remote on either iPhone or iPad will not connect

Hello @Sunder_Subbaroyan ,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the difficulties. Can you please let us know the model/manufacturer of all your networking gear, your ISP and how the Nucleus is connected? I’ve enabled diagnostics for your account and I’m seeing the Nucleus is not getting an IPv4 address, you may want to try to disable IPv6 in your router settings to see if that helps.

Hi Noris

Thank you for reaching out. This will be my 3rd attempt to reach you as my prior two attempts through Microsoft Outlook were rejected by Roon server as spam. Please see following paragraphs.

I returned to Roon tonight. Roon nucleus recognized, came on, all good but with one issue - cannot recognize audio devices (Ayre and Devialet).

Turned everything off and then back on. Now back to ground zero. Back to 'Looking for your Roon Server’.

I, in advance, note the hurt feelings of the Roon community when I criticize. I am one of the earliest adopters of Roon (hence my lifetime subscription). After all these years, we are back at ground zero.

We were told we could access our internal library even if the Roon Core / Nucleus could not connect to the internet. Not the case. If I cannot log into Roon then I cannot access my internal library in Roon. Layperson speak.

For neophytes like myself, IPV4 or IPV6 is lost on me. I apologize in advance, but I have no clue what you are referring to. I say that sincerely. Nowhere in the Roon pitch was that purchasers should only be those educated in internet and related connectivity.

Roon Nucleus, to me is not a stable platform. Harmon Kardon needs to improve or move on.

And yes, while the negative feedback will flow my way as it has previously, nothing would please me more than a stable Roon.

Noris, I look forward to your assistance. And than you.

Best regards

Sunder

Hi Noris

Roon Nucleus+ came back alive this evening. Disconnected Ayre QX-5 Twenty from power. Re-powered. Found Ayre in Audio devices. Enabled it and voila the Nucleus+ remembered the Ayre being coupled with Devialet speakers. So all good.

Regards

Sunder

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.