Issue with Roon

Hi Guys!
I’m having a problem with Roon. Roon is crashing almost all the time and I don’t know why.
Roon settings:

My computer:

I don’t know where I can find log file for this crashes.
I apologize in advance for my english. I’m not a navtie speaker :slight_smile:

Hi @Konrad_Kalinko ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. The insight is appreciated and sorry to hear of the troubles.

Moving forward, to help aide in our evaluation of this behavior you are experiencing may I very kindly ask you to please provide me with the following information:

1. Just to make sure we are on the same page the mentioned Win10 device is hosting your Roon core, correct?

2. Can you provide some insight into when this crashing behavior started and verify if any changes were made to your setup prior to when these crashes started happening.

3. About how long is Roon active on the computer before it crashes?

4. Can you please send us a set of your “Roon” logs using the instructions found here.

-Eric

While it might not be a major issue the cpu you are running this on is underspec for roon and could be having some issues if you are trying to use too many options in the dsp - audeze presets looking like one of them.

When you say it’s crashing could explain in a little more detail what exactly you mean is happening. The program stops playing music? Exits the program completely with or without any error displayed or is there some message that your see show up.

1 Like

Great catch @wizardofoz!

I think you ninja posted on me as I was distracted in the middle of my composing … anyway was just a thought even though no processing speed is indicated

1 Like

@eric

1. Correct
  2. It start’s from first use
  3. It’s depends. Sometimes it’s take 10 minuts to crash, sometimes 2.
  4. Log 1
    Log 2

Hello @Konrad_Kalinko,

I’ve taken a look at your logs, and I have some further troubleshooting steps you can take to help pinpoint what is causing this issue. Since your logs seem to abruptly stop without any particular action in Roon, I believe it may be your system as a whole becoming unstable when this is happening. Almost always this is caused by overheating of the CPU or another aspect of your system. A good way to check this is to download the “Core Temp” application and see how warm your CPU is when Roon is crashing. I’ve included a link to the download site here

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

-John

@john
I can agree with You. Especially that my problems just disappear. I will look on CPU temps.