Issue with Tidal Hi-Res Album Format Recognition (ref#QUXVXS)

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

· Other

Describe the issue

I have a Tidal subscription that syncs with Roon as designed. My question concerns the format of the Tidal albums now that Tidal is no longer supporting MQA. For example, the album page for Otis Blue states that the format is FLAC 192kHz 24bit, but when I click on the signal path, it says that the source is "TIDAL FLAC 44.1kHz 16bit 2ch". I have a Mytek Brooklyn DAC and on the front panel it also indicates that the signal is 16bit, 44.1kHz. This appears to be the case with all Hi Res Tidal albums. I also own some Hi Res albums and the format on the album page matches the source on the Signal Path dialog box and is correct. Is there something I can do to correct this?

Describe your network setup

I have an MC200 (Sooloos) which is one end point which I use to play to my main stereo. It is connected by ethernet cable to my network. I have a Telus Wi-Fi Modem T3200M and an Airport Extreme. I have Roon installed on a Lenovo laptop.

You still need to have a Tidal plan that allows for playback of 192/24 material.
And even if you do, it needs to be set to 192/24 max in settings:services:Tidal.
And if it was not, you will need to sign out of Tidal inside Roon for it to “resync” to the new high res setting.
Hope that all makes sense!

1 Like

Thanks very much!! For some reason the setting was on “High” and not “Max”. An easy fix. Everything working now

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.