Issues after latest firmware update - Nucleus+

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus+

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
I run a pfsense device as router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I have a Nucleus+ which has been working fine. However, after latest firmware update I now must power cycle the box at least once a day.

None of the clients can connect, iOS nor Windows 10. I receive the message “waiting for remote core.”

When I access the Nucleus+ via the web address, I see:

If I try to reboot or reset from this screen I receive no response.

I welcome any thoughts. Is there a way to go back to the prior software version?

Thanks,
Kevin

Looks like your Roon library might have gone south.

Do you have any Settings==>Backups?

Can you Reinstall the OS?

Unfortunately, no.

If I turn off at the Nucleus, it starts back up and works fine for about a day.

I did reinstall the OS after a restart and it continues to stop working within 24 hours.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Hi @Kevinm,

I’ve just gone ahead and activated diagnostics mode for your Nucleus and what this does is automatically upload a log set to our servers for review.

I’m looking over the log set and it looks like your Nucleus database is not corrupt, but there is quite a bit of activity happening on the Nucleus with regard to media importing and analysis. What is the total number of tracks/albums you have on this Nucleus database, can you please check under Roon Overview?

Has this issue recently started after adding a new storage location? What do you have your On-Demand and Background Audio Analysis speed set to under Roon Settings -> Library? Can you please try to set both to “Off” and verify if you are still seeing this behavior occur?

Hi Noris

I have a fairly large library.

I went through the reset function yesterday on the Nucleus. The database was rebuilt, so it makes sense that there is a lot of activity on importing and analysis.

Prior to reset, analysis speed was at Fast(6 cores) and the on-dmand was at fast. They are now back to default of 1core and fast respectively.

I just looked the system has been up for 1 day 3 hours which is the longest since the upgrade.

No new albums nor directories added, only change was the update of firmware/software on Nucleus.

I will keep this thread informed.

My file server is on a QNAP TS-1677x.

Kevin

1 Like

As follow up, I am confirming that rebuilding (reset) of the database has solved the issue.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Kevinm,

Thanks for the update here! If you run into any further difficulties with Roon, just let us know!

@noris, another corrupted library? A lot of that lately?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.