Issues getting WiFi working - internal and dongle

Yes, as the unit is not capable of upgrading during installation.

Ok, I set up a local NTP server and a local DNS server that’s answering for pool.ntp.org on my network and verified it’s responding to NTP requests to pool.ntp.org. :laughing:

I’ve refreshed and the new install is up and running. Same symptoms as before regarding internal Pi4 WiFi. Still can scan for networks but doesn’t connect and still says “external” under the info details.

New logs: 740b1800f5609757

still not ok. The exact servers are these:

0.arch.pool.ntp.org

from 0 to 3.

(in the meantime I’m looking into a scenario of falling back to time correction over HTTP in case of NTP not working)

2 Likes

Or, being able to sync to one’s router would be another nice option. Many routers offer a ntp service, and being able to sync all your devices to this single point on your LAN is a nice approach.

Yeah. but of course during installation there’s no way you can configure that.
Scenario could be that the installer tries the gateway (which is your router).

2 Likes

I’ve added those 4 additional DNS names, confirmed NTP resolves when I use them, and reflashed. It seemed like it finished setup faster and finishes reboots faster. But wifi is still acting as before and not working.

Actually, on the initial boot after reflash, I saw the slow blinking light indicating it was done. I tried the browser interface and it didn’t respond. Then I noticed the light was off on the Pi4. Power cycled and it booted up fine. Not sure if that means something failed on the initial run?

New feedback sent. Thanks for your patience with this! 1698464dad79bc24

Sorry to say, but still no luck. NTP keeps telling that something is wrong and it can’t find any server.

I’ll try to come up with a new beta image somewhere this week were an alternative strategy for time syncing is implemented in case of blocked NTP ports.

1 Like

That sounds great Harry, thanks!!

Hi @Brian_Ulmer,

Can you try this image: https://image.ropieee.io/20200831-ropieee-ose_rpi234-beta.bin

Let me know how it goes.

2 Likes

Will do. Downloading now. Looks like it could take quite a while. Will let you know how it works.

Good news. After a 4 hour download :upside_down_face:, I’ve reflashed with the beta image. It’s working!

Connected to 5 ghz wifi on the first shot and currently playing music over wifi without issue. Nice Harry!

2 Likes

Oh and just sent one more feedback in case you want to verify anything. 701461e0042ff2ba

Hello All

Just tried to set up WiFi with Ropieee on my Raspberry Pi 4. My Raspi detects the network (see screenshot). What does the WPA-PSK (Passphrase) mean? Is it essentially the password used on my router?

If so, when entering the changes for WiFi and rebooting, Ropieee is unable to connect via WiFi. When I disconnect the ethernet cable, my Raspi disappears from the network.

Any suggestions welcome of how to get WiFi working in my system. Thanks!

You have committed the changes I presume?

When you reboot, keep the cable connected and when the system is up send me feedback (you can find that option on the ‘advanced’ tab).

After commit changes it asks for a reboot, correct?

Do I send the feedback as pm to you?

Thanks for your help!

Mail sent as ce29007c1ab20992

There’s an authentication error. So probably you did not enter your password correctly.

I see!

What character type does Ropieee use? I have Ys and Zs in my password, so they could be exchanged depending on the character set (American vs German).

I’m not sure what you mean. RoPieee uses the input from the browser field.
There is no exchange going on.