I’m having same problem with Piotr_Szczygielski
Cannot play song from tidal in roon.
-Mac mini(Late 2014) core i5 1.4 GHz, 4GB Ram 256 GB SSD
-Connect to wifi using TP Link Deco
-Internet speed 100/50 Mbps
I’ve tested playing Tidal from its app, a little slow on start but it plays fine.
I’ve restarted everything but still not playable.
This not happen all the time. some days it work fine, some days I can’t play any song from Tidal.
-I’m using Tidal Hifi from Thailand
-Link of a song, well, any song cannot be played.
-Library sync time = about 10 minute ago, then I click ‘Sync Library now’ then the time change to the time l clicked.
-Both my private playlist and Tidal Public playlist behave the same.
Thanks for reaching out, @Sakan_Luerakoran!
So we can better understand what you’re experiencing here, please verify the following:
- Just to confirm, does local content play fine?
- Does this behavior occur regardless of the endpoint you’re using? If you use system output do you still have playback issues?
- Can you try connecting the Mac Mini to the network via Ethernet and let us know if there is any improvement in performance?
Thanks you for your response Dylan.
Here’re my answers,
Just to confirm, does local content play fine?
Does this behavior occur regardless of the endpoint you’re using? If you use system output do you still have playback issues?
Can you try connecting the Mac Mini to the network via Ethernet and let us know if there is any improvement in performance?
-This is too hard to try because the system is on 2nd floor but Router/Switch is on 1st floor. By the way, I’ve tested the speed from Mac Mini the internet speed is about 100Mbps and local intranet speed is about 300-500 Mbps. I’ve tested playing Tidal, Youtube, Netflix , all content work fine.
Thanks for the details here, @Sakan_Luerakoran!
Based on the above information, it sounds like there may be some networking difficulties at play here. Since the behavior isn’t consistent, it may be that this behavior occurs when there are other devices also using the WiFi causing interference. While it’s not ideal, temporarily testing with the Core machine connected via Ethernet will give us greater insight into the root cause of the issue.
Additionally, I’d also like to recommend trying Google DNS. In the past we have seen other users improve their TIDAL performance by using this.
Dylan, Thanks for your recommendation.
Now the problem has gone (without doing anything) but if it occurs again I’ll trying Google DNS as your suggestion.
Again, Thank you for your Support!
This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.