Issues with 1.8

So, ever since I upgraded to 1.8 I’ve had problems. My mobile app keeps gong to a black screen and I have to restart, and my some of my audio sources keep dying and I have to re-enable. Anyone else having similar problems?

If you would like Roon support staff to assist then you can open a thread in Support to investigate these issues. If you do that then you should provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi Andy,

To be honest, it’s not worth the effort. It takes 10 seconds to relaunch the app and about the same to re-enable the audio source when it happens. Hopefully you guys will sort things at some point.

Thanks!

If it helps, Roon is running on a Synology 220+ NAS with 2 x 2 TB SSDs. Everything is wired over 1 GB ethernet except for the mobile apps which are connected over 5Ghz wifi with a Rogers Ignite WiFi modem. No wifi performance/interference issues - solid throughput at 70 MB/sec.

Same issue on both mobile devices - Samsung S20+ phone and S7+ tablet.

Mods are not part of Roon, we’re just volunteer ordinary users. I can’t see anything in your setup that might be causing a problem. Open a Support thread if you would like Roon staff to look at it.

Thanks! Didn’t notice you were a moderator. Sorry about that!

Do also take the time to include the NAS specs CPU/RAM etc and the versions of the OS used on the NAS and Roon’s version/build numbers too