Issues with Devialet Streaming

Hi @noris

I do not have 100Mbps switch. How could I “downgrade” my connection speed in Nucleus+ ?

Hello @Tategoi,

I have split your post from the previous thread as to better assist here. We’re actively discussing this with Devialet but lets do some more general troubleshooting in the meantime and confirm that you are experiencing the same symtoms. Can you please let me know the following?

• What is your network setup like? Please list the model/manufacturer of all your networking gear including router, switches, range extenders, powerline adapters, ect.

• How is your Nucleus+ connected here, is it connected to a switch or directly to the router?

• Do you experience this issue on non-Devilalet zones or does this issue occur just on your Devialet zone?

• What other audio endpoints do you have?

• What are the exact symptoms of the issue? Do you experience this issue with both local and TIDAL tracks or just one and not the other?

Thanks,
Noris

Hi @noris

I’d have thought it had been established that the streaming issues can be overcame by having a 100Mbps connection instead of Gigabit. Short of buying a new 10/100 switch, I asked your help on Nucleus+ how I could get it to connect at 10/100 LAN.

If you have a regular cat 5 cable, that should work

There’s no “force 100Mbs” setting on the nucleus. Often it can be forced in a managed router or switch, either by selecting a physical 100Mb port, or with a settings checkbox for the port. Alternatively, use a Cat5 cable with only 2 pairs wired (orange and green), 1Gbs requires all four pairs.

Thanks Mike. Just wanted to know if I can force a slower connection via Nucleus+. I do not have old cat 5 LAN cable.

@noris do let me know if you still want me to provide you with the answers when all I’m asking for had been answered by Mike.

Hello @Tategoi,

The 100 Mbps change is not meant to be a solution and can cause more issues down the line, this change would slow everything down considerably and my intention in the previous thread was to just use it as a troubleshooting tool.

With that said, we are actively discussing this issue with Devialet and are working together with them to get to the bottom of what triggers this behavior. If you can please provide me the information I requested in my message, that would aid in the investigation at identifying any commonalities between these reports.

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.