Issues with devices disappearing, play bar not working

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Version 1.8 - build 75 - Runs on sonicTransporter i5

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

• ultraRendu/Benchmark DAC for large system
  • Macbook Pro to Schiit Bifrost DAC for desktop system
  • iPhone

Description Of Issue

Having issues with the new version of Roon “forgetting” my MacBook Pro. I initially played through it as the “default device”, but when I either shut down my Mac or close/reopen Roon, it “forgets” the device and I have to re-add it, and sometimes that doesn’t work, so I play through the Schiit DAC via CoreAudio.

Also, after playing music via Roon on this device for longer than an hour, the playbar is non-responsive (it locks on a particular song and time) but Roon continues to play songs in the queue. And sometimes it doesn’t display the songs in the queue even though it is playing them.

Thanks for your assistance.

Hi @Jeffrey_Kear

We released an update to address the issue with zones disappearing from the selector in Roon. Can you confirm whether or not things are working for you on the latest version?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.