Issues with downloading files from external hard drive

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
HP Notebook AMD a6-6310 64 bits
RAM 6GB
External HDD WD My Book 3TB

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet box altice
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.) streamer sotm sm200 dac Arcam irdacII relié par USB ampli consonance Opera tubes

Description Of Issue
Hi, I installed the Roon core on my laptop and connected my external hardware where is my music, about 2TB.

Each time, after about an hour, Roon shuts down, and I can’t open it again unless connecting my hard drive so I don’t understand as I never had this issue with foobar…

I would like to be sure all works well before being engaged😉I also have a lot of difficulties to configure my remote that is on a Huewei devices phone and tablets…

Can you help me?

Please note that my level in technical English is still low😁
Kind regards
Pascql

Hello @pascal_le_meur, and welcome to the community! Let’s break this down into your two questions:

When you say shut down, do you mean crash? Could you please provide a timestamp of when this happens again? Also, have you been disconnecting the external hardware?

Is Roon remote having issues finding the core?

OK sorry I made some mistakes in the explanation roon crashes when it downloads files from the external hard drive( never had this issue downloading these files on foobar) I tried not to charge the whole music folder, but folder after folder( classical, blues hard,…) and again it crashed during a specific folder so tonight I will try again without this folder. And see what happens and take a photo at the moment it eventually crashes again. The remote don’t find the core

FWIW -

Sometimes there can be one particular track that gives Roon fits.

Thanks that’s one point I had thought about but how could I find this particular track???

You can look thru Roon’s logs, if you’ve the patience.

Roon support is better at that.

OK I ‘d be better let them do it, if they want to, as I don’ t know that and don’t have many time left😳 thanks for your exlplanations

^plrzse how cold i send you the last logs before the crash?

Hello @pascal_le_meur, could you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using this link? Then please respond to this thread when you do and we’d be happy to take a look!

i sent you the linkk as described in the second option please let me know if you need something else

Hello @pascal_le_meur, and thanks for your feedback while our team investigated the issue. We found the following trace when looking at your report, which shows the storage location may be set up incorrectly:

09/22 09:05:36 Debug: [music/storage] importing file 67:0:MARILLION DISCO/1997 - Seasons End (Remastered)/Marillion - Seasons End (Remastered) CD1 - 02 - Easter.mp3 from \musique\musique\PROGRESSIF
09/22 09:05:36 Warn: [storage] [directory] Cannot iterate dir: 'C:\Users\pascal\AppData\Local\Application Data', ex: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: UnauthorizedAccess: \\?\C:\Users\pascal\AppData\Local\Application Data
   à Sooloos.IO.FastDirectoryScanner._ThrowException(Int32 errorCode, String str)
   à Sooloos.IO.FastDirectoryScanner.Scan(String path, Boolean recurse, Predicate`1 cb_shouldskipdir)
   à Sooloos.Storage.DirectoryStorage._ScanDirectory(Boolean updatestatus, String scandirpath, Boolean recurse)
09/22 09:05:36 Warn: [storage] [directory] Cannot iterate dir: 'C:\Users\pascal\AppData\Local\ElevatedDiagnostics', ex: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: UnauthorizedAccess: \\?\C:\Users\pascal\AppData\Local\ElevatedDiagnostics
   à Sooloos.IO.FastDirectoryScanner.Scan(String path, Boolean recurse, Predicate`1 cb_shouldskipdir)
   à Sooloos.Storage.DirectoryStorage._ScanDirectory(Boolean updatestatus, String scandirpath, Boolean recurse)
09/22 09:05:36 Warn: [storage] [directory] Cannot iterate dir: 'C:\Users\pascal\AppData\Local\Historique', ex: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: UnauthorizedAccess: \\?\C:\Users\pascal\AppData\Local\Historique

In this case, our team has asked for the following information from you so we can continue the investigation:

1. Could you please send us a screenshot of Settings>Storage?
  2. Could you try disabling this file on your storage location? It looks like it contains a lot of system files which would also cause this kind of issue.

09/21 20:34:04 Info: [broker/locations/directorystoragelocation] drive is not available so disposing resources (if they exist): FileBrowser.Entry: Windows, HGST HTS541010A9E680 : \Users\pascal

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.