Issues with Hi-res Qobuz

Found your message, thanks. Here’s the zip info:

support_d15611b0-e846-4574-8feb-a8936ffcb20c_1F4F4298-5FF8-4C96-8F37-EAAFEB5657B4.tgz

Bob

I will note that I am playing this Qobuz Diana Krall album with no problems.

Hello @Robert_Mandeville,

Thanks for submitting those logs.

I do see the issue but it is not clear yet if this is due to the endpoint that you are playing on, the Core or the Network connection.

I want to start eliminating a few of these variables from the equation, are you certain you don’t have any other zones that you can try outputting content high-resolution content to? Even trying “System Output” would be a good place to check to see if Qobuz content sill stops at the 18s mark.

Also, is your D1 direct on the latest firmware and how is it connected to the network here? Is it connected directly to the Router or through a switch/powerline adapter? I am wondering if there could be a bottleneck on the network somewhere so I would advise connecting it to the Router if it is connected in a different way. If you have connected it to the Router and are still experiencing issues, please try connecting it via USB as a test and let me know if there is a change with that.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris,
Thanks for following up on this issue further. So I set up System Output as you suggested and the 192kHz Qobuz stopped after about 14 seconds with the same error message. I have a dedicated high speed Ethernet network set up for the Core and Dac I use and it certainly supports 192kHz as well as much higher rate DSD from a NAS so I think the internal network is very unlikely to be the issue. Also my internet service is very high speed: in the down direction (you to me) I measured 172Mbps earlier today when I was still getting the error message. Back to square 1…
Thanks for continuing to look into this. My audio system is very high end and would enjoy playing Qobuz 192kHz streams for sure! How frustrating! We’ll somehow get to the bottom of this.
Bob

Hi @Robert_Mandeville,

Thanks for letting me know that info and apologies about the delayed response here. I think that it would be beneficial if we could verify how your setup performs with your Roon Remote PC acting as the Core. Would you be able to temporarily switch your Roon Core over to the laptop you used to upload the diagnostics package? This should give us some insight as to weather the network could be the issue or if it is something configuration on the Enhasu core itself that could be causing an issue. If you experience any issues while using the OSX as a Core, please note the exact local time in your country (e.g. 12:32PM) that issues occur at.

Thanks,
Noris

Robert, I have exactly the same problem with my KEF LSX with latest firmware, internet 300Mbps, ethernet connected or non-ethernet connected speakers. This is through my iMac and my Roon core is a Nucleus. I can Play TIDAL MQA 192. I also used that album as the reference and Noris has also respond to me.

Hi Noris,
I set up the Core on my Macbook Pro but it converted the 192kHz stream to 96kHz (see attached file) which played with no issues. I do not know how to force my Macbook Pro not to convert 192 to 96.
Bob

Just for info. I played that Diana Krall Qobuz 192 from Nucleus straight to my KEF LS50W and it was perfect (if you want another great 192 album then listen to Sonny Rollins Way Out West). Although I know that the KEF LSXs cannot handle more the 96 when they are connect by an ethernet cable, why do they play TIDAl MQA 192 with no problem and why I can I stream JB Radio 2 (FLAC 192) to them with no issues?

Philip,
If you click on little blue-isa star next to the title at the bottom of the Roon window you should see the detail of the output in a table like the one I attached in my previous message. It may well show that the incoming 192kHz stream was converted to 96kHz, that explaining why it works ever so deceptively.
Bob

You are seeing the Sample Rate Conversion because you are outputting to “System Output”, please enable the SMS-1000 zone in Roon Settings -> Audio and then try to play back to that zone using the Macbook as a test.

@Philip_Murray - I will reply follow up suggestions in your thread.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris,
I managed to build the chain as on the attached jpeg basically taking the Eunhasu out of the system (turned it off) and replacing it with my Macbook Pro running the Roon Core. I verified that the stream was at 192kHz. It did not stop after 18 seconds. I played the complete song a few times with no issues. So your approach to single out the Eunhasu to see if it may be the problem seems to lead to exactly that conclusion. Would you suggest as next step that I raise this issue with the Eunhasu people? Now I have to figure out how to get the Core running on the Eunhasu again. Its sonic performance is far superior to the MacBook Pro despite the 192kHz issue.
Thank you for your help! Much appreciated.
Bob

Hi Noris,
I had no issues getting the Roon Core back onto the Eunhasu. The procedure is well put together in Roon.
Thanks,
Bob

Hi @Robert_Mandeville,

Glad to hear that you were able to narrow down this issue to the Eunhasu side of things. Yes, as you suggested I would definitely follow up with Eunhasu support staff on this matter, if they require any input from our side you can also ask them to contact me here on Community, weather on this thread or in a private message and I will be glad to lend a hand. I look forward to hearing the outcome of this case after you have had a chance to discuss with Eunhasu support!

Thanks,
Noirs

Experiencing the same issue using Eunhasu. Was there ever a resolution to this issue from Eunhasu folks?

They have let me know that they are currently working with Roon and Qobuz to resolve the issue. I would expect a good solution to come out of this in the next 2 - 3 weeks.

Apparently, one solution is for Roon Core to provide an increase to the buffer size on Qobuz playback.

To Roon: Any input as to whether this can be done in the next Roon release?

Increasing Roon buffer size for Qobuz high resolution streams would solve the problem. Why is this not happening. In the meantime I have cancelled my Qobuz subscription.

We are not aware of any buffering issues on Cores that meet our Minimum Requirements, and the Eunhasu unit you have does not meet these requirements. Having a properly spec’d Core is necessary for Roon to work properly.

A post was split to a new topic: Qobuz 192khz stream keeps stopping

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.