ASUS GT-AC5300 all Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Denon AVR-X8500H via HDMI
OPPO 205 via USB/Ethernet
S88 MK ii via Ethernet
Numerous Elac Z3’s via Ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I opened a support ticket few years back about the remote losing partial functionality after it went to the background with the queue screen open. When it returned to the foreground the queue screen had become the first screen in the chain with no direction arrows. Had to use the menu to select the home screen but no matter what you do after that the back arrow returns to the queue screen as the first in the chain. Cycling the remote app to start over with a fresh copy does nothing, it comes back up with the queue screen first in the chain.

Apparently that issue was not addressed, or it has returned, and it has happened again. And additional issues start happening after that. The Recent activity section gets screwed up and will not switch between Played and Added. Added is highlighted but the played screen is displayed and it will not switch. That Recent activity issue can be temporally corrected by cycling the remote app on the IPAD but it gets stuck again after a short while.

Only way to correct the issue is to delete the remote app then reinstall and set up the preferences again.

I know better than to leave the remote on the queue screen but I’m not the only person in the house so this situation happens frequently.

Hey @Mike_LC,

Following up on this thread, would you be able to send over a set of manual logs from the affected iPad? You use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

Ok, I will try to get it done tomorrow.

1 Like

I wanted to upgrade the IPAD to IPADOS 16.3 and wiped Roon off first. After the IPAD was updated I installed Roon Remote again. When the issue returns I will follow the directions specified for the logs and update this ticket.

1 Like