Hi I have noticed that since the latest upgrade of Roon (Version 1.7 (build 528) stable) running on a Roon opimised Core 1.0 (on an I5 intel NUC) that I cannot get my OnePlus 7 Pro to connect to Roon, without uninstalling the app and setting it up again.
i remember reading some other threads about issues, but is this a known issue
Everything else on my phone works perfectly (besides Roon) and I am lucky enough to have an iPhone 10 as a backup device that i am currently using as my Roon remote. My Windows laptop, desktop and and my Macbook all work perfectly well, but the OnePlus is the device I have on me all the time, so that is the device I would like to use
I have a 7t and it’s working fine.
Would be good to add your network details in too.
Hi Ged, glad it works so well for you, and my OnePlus is on the open beta so I may be slightly ahead of you on the release schedule, so this may come to you soon
Given that it works from every other device in the house not sure that that helps (but like most people it is just a flat network structure, and I am using Netgear Orbi devices, though the Core is connected directly to the main switch).
I can make it work for a bit by unistalling the app and reinstalling it and then setting a manual IP address.
It works for a while and then stops again.
Given that every new Android device must be shipped with Android 10 it would be good if Roon would put out an update to fix this. Not everyone is lucky enough to have multiple devices like I have
Yeah I’m on the beta too. It works for a lot of devices on 10. Wait a while and proper support will be along.
Try 255.255.255.255 as the address, this has been known to work.
Hi Ged that is the network broadcast address, and if broadcasting is the issue it is strange that that would work. I will try it again the next time it goes wrong.
For now I am Dusting off an old Pixel C and try that out
Thanks for your help
As per our Networking Best Practices Guide:
Netgear Orbi Routers
If you’re making use of an Orbi router, we recommend unchecking Disable IGMP Proxying in your router’s settings. This setting can interfere with the ability for Roon Remotes to connect to the Roon Core.
Can you please give this a try to see if it helps?
Thanks I had changed this previously, those these are part of the WAN section and not the LAN, (so it doesn’t make sense)
I have managed to fix the problem now. It appears that the last time I uninstalled and reinstalled Room on my Android phone it found the Core on it’s own and not by me putting in the IP address so it kept failing to find it again.
It really could do with a better fix, but at least I am a happy Rooner again now and iPhone is relegated back to its corner.
Happy to hear that the subsequent reinstall of Roon has resolved this behavior. If you have any further issues, just let us know!
This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.