Issues with library on NUC

Having similar problems installing Library on NUC. Here’s a link to my zipped log files.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16-WLGq-zePXSHVukliGo7uHn2VRtbGu7/view?usp=sharing
Thanks for your help.

Hi @Jeffrey_Cruz,

Welcome to the forum! So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

What are the symptoms that you are seeing? Does Roon show any error messages?

Core machine is NUC with i5, 8GB RAM, 512 SSD, running Windows 10 Pro and Roon 1.7 Build 667. Haven’t set up remotes or audio devices yet. Ripped CDs are stored on Synology DS 218+ and I use Tidal. Total tracks in Library = 58397.

The problem occurs during initial load of my Library. The error message is “Roon has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you is a solution is available.” Can’t get past that error.

I’ve checked the firewall, and deleted and reloaded Roon several times. It freezes at different times - the last time showed “Of 58397 tracks, 38541 added, 38541 identified.”

Thanks for your help.

Hi @Jeffrey_Cruz,

Thanks for providing those additional details, from the symptoms it sounds like you could be having an error when Roon scans a file on your Core.

I have requested access to logs, please grant when possible. As a test - if you try to disable your storage location and leave only TIDAL/Qobuz active, do the crashes stop?

I found the offending file and was able to load the rest of my Libary. Roon is now humming along. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Jeffrey_Cruz,

Thanks for letting us know you were able to find the offending file!

If it’s not too much trouble, can you please send me this file via private message (click my name -> message -> send Dropbox / Google Drive link).

I would like to get the file over to QA to see if they can reproduce any issues on their end with the file, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.