Issues with linking Roon to Music folder on Windows and Qobuz file integration (ref#JBHCWL)

Affected Product

Roon

Roon Issue Category

Installation or Setup

Description of Issue

I cannot link my Roon with my Music folder on Windows. I also cannot get a Qobuz file sent to my Roon account.

Roon Core Platform

Roon Optimized Core Kit (ROCK)

Roon Core Specifications

I use an ‘Intel NUC 8i3BEK’ streamer. My Music is then fed to this from my Windows 11 set-up on my Dell XPS 15 laptop. This all plays out of my Topping D90 SE dac.

Connected Audio Devices

Topping D90SE dac, running Optical from my LG TV, USB from my Dell Laptop, and COAX from my Marantz CDP

Home Network Details

My Roon Core is connected using Wifi

Not sure what this means. If you download files from Qobuz, you place them in your music folder on Windows as well

Hi Mario,

It’s alright; I have sorted out the first issue. It was basically down to the fact that I had changed over to a NUC 8iBEK from my previous RP4 touchscreen streamer. This demanded that I use an external hard drive with the Flac files store on that and then link the hdd directly into the NUC’s USB port. Once done, the Roon can automatically pick up and upload any files therein.

On the second part – about Roon not picking up a particular track from Qobuz – it relates to an album that I purchased on Qobuz. The theme track of this album does not appear in the album available in the Qobuz label: hence the purchase of the full version. Yet, when I save that complete album to the Qobuz playlist, it was still not appearing in my Roon library. This I take to be a problem of saving files from the Qobuz playlist to the Roon library. I still do not know how to correct or operate this. Nevertheless, I managed a work-around by copying the complete album to my hdd and this then uploaded the WAV version. If you know a way around the direct linking of Qobuz playlists to Roon (and I did try highlighting the love heart of the Qobuz file), that would be really helpful.

Kind regards,

Desmond

Glad you solved it and found a workaround for the second one.

Unfortunately I’m not a playlist person at all, so I don’t know more. Hopefully someone else on the Forum can jump in? :slight_smile:

What do you mean by “saving that complete album to the Qobuz playlist”? If you’ve purchased an album from Qobuz and downloaded it, then you copy the album folder into your Watched Folder in Roon - Playlists aren’t involved…

Once in your library, then you can certainly add it to a Playlist.

Hi @DESMOND_BAILEY,

Thanks for writing in and I’m happy to hear you’ve been able to solve most of your issues thus far.

@Geoff_Coupe brings up a good question - are you purchasing and downloading the album, or purchasing streaming options for the tracks in question?

Are you using the Qobuz web player during this process?

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply. Thanks! :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.