Issues with Linn Selekt

I love that I can wake the Selekt from standby by pressing play on a track and that it now auto sleeps back to standby. However, once I have done this on two or three occasions, issues start to develop that can only be resolved by rebooting the Nucleus+ or, occasionally, having to reinstall the OS.

1). The scrub bar sticks at 0.00 even though music is playing.
2) If I select to play a whole album or play forward from an individual track, playback stops after 2 tracks.
3) After a selected track plays, roon Radio does not kick in.

Hi @John_Scott1,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Are both the Nucleus and the Selekt connected directly to the router?

Core is Nucleus+
OS 1.0 (build 186)
Server software 1.7 (build 537)

BT router

Synology 216+ NAS

Nucleus+ and NAS are directly connected to the router

Linn Selekt is connected by power line adaptor

Library 109,164 tracks in total. 97873 on NAS, 8166 from Qobuz, 2282 onNucleus+ internal storage (120G Scandisk SSD)

Hi @John_Scott1,

Thanks for the info.

You should be aware that we have sometimes seen issue surrounding powerline adapters, and as such, we don’t suggest using them. I can’t say if this is the cause just yet, but it would be interesting to know if the same issue occurs when the Linn is connected to the router or to an unmanaged switch instead.

When this issue occurred on the Linn, did other zones continue to work as expected? Even zones which have nothing connected to it such as the Nucleus HDMI output would provide a useful data point.