Issues with multiple RPi/IQAudio endpoints

I am pretty invested in the RPi with IQAudio endpoints running DietPi, I have 5 throughout the house now.

I have a few issues with these devices and wondering if anyone has come across similar problems and has found solutions:

• When music is playing even on a single endpoint, and I load roon on my laptop or tablet, the audio will start to crackle and then sometimes continue to play, sometimes skip to the next track.
  • Microwave interference - running the microwave in the kitchen results in similar behaviour. It was worse with an external wifi antenna dongle vs. internal wifi. Can I block the interference via a steel plate around the microwave or something similar?
  • Multiple endpoints in the same zone sometimes go out of sync. If I hit pause and play or skip to the next track they are back in sync.

Anyone have similar issues and found fixes? Thanks.

Can you post a detail description of your network and your Roon Core as well?

Thanks!

Hi,

My roon core runs on a 2010 Mac mini. This is hardwired via ethernet to my modem/router which is a BBox3 (provided by my ISP Proximus). Music is stored on a QNAP NAS which is also hardwired via ethernet to the router.

Is this enough detail or do you need further specs? Thanks again.