Issues with Roon Remote on Iphone

Hi All,

Iphone 6
IOS - 11.3.1

Terrible connectivity with my Roon Core. It showed up once and never again… and now just hangs “Waiting for Remote Core”

Any tips?

Hello @Robert_Fielder — Thank you for sharing your report!

To start, may I kindly ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide. Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

May I also ask that you please confirm the following:

• When you’re experiencing this behavior are you still able to use your Roon Core to play music?
  • Do you experience the same behavior with other remote devices?
  • Have you tried rebooting your Core machine, remote device, and any applicable networking hardware?
  • Is your Roon app up to date on the iPhone and Core machine?

Regards,
Dylan

Also adviseable to check that your phone is on the right wifi network too…it’s happened to the best of us…getting on a guest network or even not on wifi at all.

YES can still use Core
NO only have an Iphone
YES have re-booted
YES all apps up-to-date

My system is

Mac 2011 21.5-inch running on 10.13 High Sierra (model no. A1311)
Iphone 6 running on 11.3.1

Mac is connected via Wifi
Iphone is wifi

Roon is running v 1.5

Wifi is on Google mesh

Hi @Robert_Fielder

Thank you for the additional details here, it certainly helps! Based on your setup, I think it would be a useful test to connect your Mac to the network with a wired connection. This would help to rule out some WiFi networking issues.

I know you mentioned your only Roon remote device is your iPhone, but if you have a tablet or another computer or anything like that you could install Roon Remote and test there as well. Testing with another remote device would definitely help narrow down the root cause of the behavior you’re experiencing.

Thanks,
Dylan

Hi @Robert_Fielder,

I just wanted to check in and see if you were able to get everything up and running. If you need anything just let me know!

Regards,
Dylan

Hi - I have managed to connect an Amazon kindle Fire (after finally locating the Roon app in the Google play store)…

Seems to be working and connecting to the core.

Will leave it a week and see how I get on

Thanks for the follow up!