Issues with Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Custom Ryzen server with Euphony OS : Roon core + HQ Player.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Uptone audio etherregen. Ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB (Server -> SoTM TXUSBUltra -> DAC)

Description Of Issue

Does anyone have these “new” issues with Roon (Happens on iphone, ipad and Macbook)

1. When you click on a song in your playlist I get the message "this song is currently not available in Tidal (or Qobuz) and Roon automatically jumps to the next song. But when I click on the first song again, it plays. So looks like its a software error (the song is really present in the music service.

2. this happens a lot of times - When I click on Roon radio on a song, I get a message saying, Roon radio is unavailable and Roon is limiting the playlist to the library

3. Iphone app crashes are starting to happen again. They stop briefly when I restart my iphone. Then again after a day they start to happen. I reported this issue about a year ago. Then several people reported it, we all sent videos too to show how its happenning, Still no resolution.

Hi @Roon_Superuser,

Has there been any change to your network setup recently? It sounds like your Core is having periodic issues communicating with our server.

Can you confirm what DNS you’re using?

Regarding the iPhone crashes — It sounds like it stopped occurring for you for some time. Were there any changes around the time when it stopped happening and when it returned?

@dylan It didnt stop, I briefly switched to android (samsung) and then came back to iphones.

I’ll get back to you on the other question when I get home.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.