I have been having issues also with USB from Roon to my DAC – first with the PS Audio Stellar DAC (which I just sold), and now with my Roon Tested Mytek Brooklyn Bridge. I have been saying for a while that the Roon Tested code has issues, as other software (base OS, Audirvana, Adarama) can all see by DAC over USB, but most of the time Roon can not…
Your topic was moved to the support section of the forum, let see if @support can help.
Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.
I have these setups:
iMac CORE → MacBook → USB → Mytek Brooklyn Bridge USB input.
In this setup, Roon does not see the Mytek through the USB input, but the core Mac OS 10.13.6 does see it, as does Amarra Lux and Audioravana.
IMPORTANT NOTE: USB input to the Mytek DID work for an earlier version of Roon (1.7, maybe an earlier version of 1.8 – but it no longer works with build 884 “stable”)
I have tried several different USB cables with the same results: OSX, Amarra see the DAC, Roon does not
iMac CORE → Microsoft Surface Windows 10 laptop → USB → Mytek Brooklyn Bridge USB input
In this setup, Roon does not see the Mytek through the USB input, but the core Windows 10 does see it, as does Amarra Lux.
Have tried several different USB cables with the same results: OSX, Amarra see the DAC, Roon does not.
Mac CORE → Dell Windows 10 laptop → USB → Mytek Brooklyn Bridge USB input.
In this setup, Roon does not see the Mytek through the USB input,
but the core Windows 10 does see it, as does Amarra Lux
I had these same problems earlier this year with my PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC - it worked for 1.6 and early 1.7, then stopped for later 1.7 builds. After talking to Roon I was told the PS Audio was not a Roon Tested or Roon Approved DAC, so I sold it and got an approved DAC. Now I am having the same problem.
ALSO: I completely reinstalled the MacBook OS from scratch, and only installed Roon, and I could still not see the Mytek from USB.
And the DELL Computer was also brand new Windows 10.
I also am having issues …
ok - this was move to support – no one is answering
Just for fun, I hooked up my Mytek Liberty DAC to my Windows 10 laptop via the USB connection. Roon sees it fine, but only when it’s powered on.
I’m beginning to believe Roon USB support is bad – that me (and a few others) I see on this forum can’t get Roon to reliably work with USB to their DAC – even Roon Approved DACs. While I respect that Roon wants to build a strong ecosystem with fully supported DACs, do they not realize that not having a clear path to any USB DAC will loose them customers?!? Scratching my head here.
Also, it is way to hard to get to the logs – make it a setting BUTTON to pull the logs (or at least open a Finder in Mac to the logs folder). This is not hard to do.
Luckily, my DAC supports Ethernet, and that standard seems to be solid with Roon endpoints.
So now I use Ethernet for Roon, and USB for other players. Let me say that again: every other player (audiovana, Bitperfect, Amarra, OS sounds) all work for USB with the 3 DACs I have tried: Mytek BB (Roon Tested), PS Audio Stellar DAC, Schitt Modi – but NONE of these are currently working over USB with the latest Roon client. NONE. From 3 different machines: MacBook Pro, Dell Windows 10, Microsoft Surface 5.
I am so sorry we’ve missed on your post for this long — please, accept our apologies.
We hope you haven’t lost all faith and that you’d still be willing to work with us towards a resolution
We would really like to investigate this, so I wonder if you could please share with us Roon logs, as well as RAAT logs:
Once you have them zipped up, could you please upload them in our drive and let us know?
BYW: Earlier this month I completely rebuilt my MacBook - installed a fresh OS and just Roon, and still could not get the USB output to work with the Mytek DAC.
Have you looked at the logs I sent?
Thank you very much for following up . We’ve just returned to work yesterday after the weekend and our team has carefully analyzed the logs. Our team has found traces of both failure and successful playback to your DAC. To take this to the next step, we’d be very grateful if you could:
- Connect the DAC (directly) to the iMac
- See if Roon discovers the DAC and you can play to it
- Connect the DAC to another machine on the network
- Note the timestamp and please share that with us
- Send us the logs (both RAATServer and Roon Core logs)
Thank you very much
Moving the iMac to the DAC, I did see it come up under CORE AUDIO, and it worked!
So I then switched back to the MacBook, and (magically) the DAC was also available under CoreAudio.
NOTE: the DAC was not restarted, it is as if Roon can now see the DAC, it was “hidden” for some reason before.
Thanks, that troubleshooting I had not though to try.
This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.