It plays then suddenly stops

When I play music it stops around 1 min, then the Roon software load again. After the software loaded again, it plays then stops again. Tired of this problem.

My NUC has the same symptoms. Please suggest a quick solution.

In order to better address your issue support would benefit from a bit more detail. Specifically, details regarding your networking gear & setup details, your your connected audio devices, the number of tracks in your library and any additional details regarding the problem you’re experiencing.

@manyoung_han create a new tread for this… unlikely you both have the same issue - A NUC while maybe similar is not the same as a Nucleus. if its not a Nucleus then create in the #support area.

1 Like

I’m with Shaw and am having similar issues.
My Players (NAIM) work find on all other APPS, all day. When I use ROON, it plays for 5hrs and stops like clock work.I can set my watch by it. Then after that, it will play two songs and stops, push play again, plays two songs and stops. After doing this three times, it won’t play again until grouped units are ungrouped and unplugged and restarted. Then grouped again and push play then it works, but for how long?

1 Like

If 1 grouped endpoint fails the music stops on all of them. This really does sound like you’ve got an issue with one of your endpoints. The consistent 5 hour mark feels to me like some kind of buffer or memory leak causing that endpoint to stop working. What are you grouping? Can you play individually to each one after the group starts to fail? For how long. Narrowing down which endpoint in the group is failing will be the next step in your troubleshooting.

A post was split to a new topic: Roon Stops playing after 5 hours of playback - grouped endpoints

Does anybody knows how to solve this problem? The Roon Nucleus plays one or two songs then it stop. After the song stops, it will reload the apps. This problem keeps repeating. Tired of this Roon Nucleus issue.

It was suggested to you 14 days ago to provide more details on your setup to help diagnosis. You don’t appear to have done so.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup and the nature of the issue using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they have a clear understanding of how your devices are connected.

3 Likes

Hey @Franklin_Pena, so sorry that it took us so long to respond - we do need more information about your current setup and more details about the issue in order to assist properly. Could you please provide us with the following:

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.