It takes sometimes few minutes to start playing a song

Roon Core Machine

HW is very strong - Core i7, 16 GB RAM, SSD.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hello, recently Roon Core sometimes stuck if 100% CPU (on a single core) doing something, what it looks to me like internal cache maintenance.

I never experienced this before.

Roon starts playback, but it takes sometimes few minutes, sometimes it fast.

I’ve sent you the logs (see ‘Eldar Shamuely - Logs’)

Could you please look at the logs?

Thank

Have you added albums recently and it is Roon analysing them?
If so you could check your settings under settings:library and set to throtttled or even off for now and see if this helps

Yes, that’s the point, that Roon suddenly decides to scan the library, I did not add anything for weeks. I use mainly Qobuz and Tidal

Can you please check the logs?

@Eldar_Shamuely,

I went ahead and enabled diagnostics. I see some errors but I don’t know how relevant they are to the issue.

The errors I see involve what is listed as your iPhone and iPad (though they show the iPhone hadn’t been used since about a month ago). Can you confirm that you were at one point listening to Allison Kraus when this happened?

09/19 20:59:06 Trace: [dsd] [Lossless, 24/96 FLAC => 24/96] [100% buf] [PLAYING @ 2:26/2:55] Losing You - Alison Krauss
09/19 20:59:09 Warn: [rnet/RnetJsonClient] failed to connect No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.x:9200
09/19 20:59:09 Trace: [raatserver] [RaatServer h-iPad-sl-Eldar @ 192.168.1.x:9200] client connection failed. Retrying in 1125ms

In addition to connection timeouts on these devices, I am also seeing storage errors that seem to be 3d model files.:

09/19 21:01:37 Warn: [storage] [directory] Failed to extract audio format from '\\DiskStation\Audio\Michael\DSD Music\Miles Davis\(1959) Porgy and Bess (2019) (SACD) (MFSL)\01 - The Buzzard Song.dff': UnsupportedFormat
09/19 21:01:37 Warn: [storage] [directory] Failed to extract audio format from '\\DiskStation\Audio\Michael\DSD Music\Miles Davis\(1959) Porgy and Bess (2019) (SACD) (MFSL)\02 - Bess, You Is My Woman Now.dff': UnsupportedFormat

There are also more traditional audio formats with the same error:

If you would, please duplicate the issue and provide a date/time stamp here. I will look at logging again and see if we can narrow things down. Also, can you provide a screenshot of your core webui?

Thanks,
Wes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.