iTunes doesn't update automatically, and the app is so slow I can't troubleshoot anything [Resolved]

Wasn’t being pedantic, as I said 4G would probably be fine if you were running headless.

Hello @Roeyjose,
It has to be something with your iMac. When I look at the images, it looks like you are missing a default font (or you have a corrupt font).
Maybe the easiest way to fix this, is getting your Mac up to date. The latest OS version is 10.12.3.

@Roeyjose Are you running the Roon on the iMac as Server or Full Roon? Maybe as Server you can just use the remotes to access the library on the iMac. This removes any graphic issues on the iMac and is also a slightly lighter load on the CPU and GFX

Hi @RoeyJose ----- Touching base with you here, to see if any progress has been made with the advice given to you by other community members. Let me know if further assistance is needed and I will be glad to lend a hand.

-Eric

hi @Eric and @wizardofoz and everyone else on this thread - thank you!

Sorry the slow reply - long days at work.

Good news is that I took the suggestion to install Roon as a headless server last night and it works just as I hoped. The missing link was that I didn’t realize I could have full control over Roon ( running on the iMac ) from my laptop. I was thinking of the laptop as a glorified remote, but obviously I was just ignorant of the capability.

That frees the iMac up to just be a server, and it’s working well - I don’t need to do anything except open Roon on my phone or laptop and they both connect right away and play flawlessly. And, oddly enough, this time it indexed over 35K songs, despite it saying it had completed the index AND a force rescan and found far fewer tracks before.

Long story short, even with this less than perfect setup, I’ve got enough capability out of Roon now to happily keep the lifetime membership, and when I inevitably replace the iMac ( whose only current function is Roon ) it will be with something dedicated to the purpose.

Thanks again!

roey

1 Like