Itunes Playlist not showing in Roon

I provided the screen prints you asked for. Do you have any other suggestions.

Hello @Marc_Gerrard, and thanks for the screenshots! Could you please send me a copy of the playlist here? Thanks! I’m also going to send you a PM with another step.

Uploaded now. Thanks.

Hi @Marc_Gerrard , thanks for your patience while I discussed your report with the team!
Our QA team is currently investigating this and similar reports. We can’t provide any specific timelines just yet, but we’ll be sure to follow up as soon as we have more information.

Hello,

Do you have an update? Thanks.

Do you have an update? In the mean time you have charged me but this isn’t solved sadly.

Hi @Marc_Gerrard,

You have our apologies for the trouble here. I checked our internal tracker with Nuwriy and confirmed that this is still with our QA team for investigation. The QA team’s queue is a bit longer than typical right now, but as soon as the team is able to complete their investigation we’ll be sure to reach out ASAP. We can’t offer any timelines just yet, but we’ll follow up as soon as we can.

ok, thanks for update

So almost a month later and still no solution? Is this issue now dead and I just need to live with it?

Hello @Marc_Gerrard, I checked for an update on your investigation and we were able to locate a few items I’d like you to remove from the playlist to see if this helps:

1. in the string Locationwww.­fcom.­fr/­pbb/­pbb.­pls located on line 2776981 of the XML file, could you please remove this?

2. There are also some smart playlists I’d like to remove to see if this helps, please let me know!

Can you provide further instructions on how to remove a specific line in the XML file. I know enough to go into text edit but nothing is displayed as lines so it is hard to find what it is you want me to locate?

Also, can you be more specific about smart playlists? I actually do not use them so again don’t know what exactly it is you want me to do?

On another note, Roon repeatedly stops playing now and when it restarts it takes about 10 - 15 minutes to open. Surely this isn’t normal?

Hi @Marc_Gerrard,

What are you using to edit the XML file? If you use Ctrl+F you should be able to search for <key>Location</key><string>www.­fcom.­fr/­pbb/­pbb.­pls</string> — That’s what needs to be removed.

Another thing I’m hoping we can look at based on our QA team’s feedback — I’m hoping we can confirm that the path shown in the XML file is the same as the path that Roon is seeing.

Can you locate a track in Roon that you believe should be in one of these playlists, click the three dots by the track, choose View File Info, and then send us a screenshot of that?

Thanks!

Hello,

I did what you asked and still no luck. The song plays in itunes no problem in its playlist but still no playlists show in Roon what so ever.

Hi @Marc_Gerrard,

We discussed this with the team today, looking over the information you’ve provided and the XML file.

Initially you shared a screenshot of Settings > Storage showing only the default Music folder. In you most recent screenshot, if looks a little different — The file is located in a Music Library folder.

The iTunes XML file has relative instructions that Roon uses — Meaning the location of the XML file is very important. If the file is located somewhere separate from your iTunes library this won’t allow Roon to properly find and import playlists.

I think we see what we need to do to get things working, but before we I provide instructions I am hoping you can provide a couple clarifications to make sure we are on the right track:

• Please share a screenshot of Settings > Storage showing all watched folders.
  • Your iTunes library is located in the Music Library folder, which is added as a watched folder in Roon, correct?
  • In Settings > Storage, if you click the 3 dots and go to Edit next to each watched folder, can you confirm that under Options the setting for Import iTunes Playlists is set to Yes?

Thanks!

Hello Dylan,

I did move my Roon core to another machine but got the same issue in Roon not being able to read my iTunes playlists. I am really ready to just give up on this one. I love Roon and will continue to use it. This would have been really nice to have but not a deal-breaker. We have been at this for months now so maybe your program just doesn’t work for me around this topic.

I am moving onto other issues now. Roon takes about 15 minutes to open and randomly stops playing all the time. I am troubleshooting these issues now.

Either way here are the screen prints you wanted.

Thanks.Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 9.24.38 AM

Hi @Marc_Gerrard,

Regarding iTunes:

This is the location of the XML file

In your watched folder, it doesn’t show and music files here

Your XML file should be located in the watched folder where your music is, like this

These new issues — Did they start when you moved to the new machine? Can you provide details on this Core?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Roon slow to load and skipping tracks

Hello,

So good news the playlists showed up. It must have been moving the xml to a different folder. That is great. However, it seems Roon doesn’t support playlist folders, and sadly without that this is pretty useless for me. It is showing 674 playlists but they only work for me if they are in their folders. I wish I knew this at the beginning. Is that something you might implement in an update?

Glad to hear they’re showing up now, @Marc_Gerrard!

We don’t support Playlist Folders necessarily, but you can add playlists to Tags. That is one way you could organize them in a similar fashion to Playlist Folders.

For specific Playlist Folder support, I’d recommend adding your voice to this feature request.