Itunes playlists not importing

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Macbook Pro Catalina 10.15.4 Roon build 1.7 (537)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFI Virginmedia router connected by ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Naim Muso 1st gen. WiFi

Description Of Issue

Hi

I’m unable to import my itunes playlists. There wasn’t a XML folder at all so I created a new one by exporting playlists to it in XML format. Tried adding folder in different locations and even tried a re-install and cleared Roon library.

Regards

Lee

Hello @Lee_Bolton and welcome to the community! In case you haven’t seen it yet, we have an article here which covers the steps of importing an iTunes playlist. The first thing we should rule out is any issues with your watched folders, could you please provide a screenshot of your watched folders?

Also, are the albums showing up but not the playlists they belong to? Or are neither showing up for you? Let me know!

Hi Nuwriy NienKirchen. Thanks for the reply.
I enclose a screenshot of my watched folders. The albums are in my library but there’s no playlists at all.
Regards
Lee

Hey @Lee_Bolton thanks for the screenshots! Are the XML files stored in the same folder as the tracks? Also, have you enabled “Import iTunes Content” for that folder? Here’s an example:

4472dfe2-8b8f-449f-b2ba-83a5941b4cda

HI Nuwriy

I exported the playlists from my Mac OS music app as XML files and created a new XML folder. That XML folder is now in the same folder as my music library. The “import itunes Content” is enabled.

Regards

Lee

Hello @Lee_Bolton, thanks for trying that! There could be something I’m not seeing in the file path from the screenshots. Can you send me one more image of the path in Finder? If we don’t see anything there, I’ll create a folder so you can upload one of the missing playlists. Thanks!

Hi @nuwriy Here are my finder paths.
Regards
Lee

Hello @Lee_Bolton, thanks for the screenshot! I’d like to get a copy of one of the issue playlist from you and get it in front of my team. Could you please upload one of the playlist files here? Thanks and let me know when you’ve done that so I can send it over.

Hello @Lee_Bolton, just seeing if you’ve had a chance to upload those playlists. Thanks!

Hi.
I’ve had to send my laptop off for repair! I will get back in touch when I receive it back.

Regards
Lee

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.