Janet Baker - The Beloved Mezzo

Box set issues - some multi-part compositions grouped displaying correctly, but others in the set are not, namely:

• Elgar Sea Pictures
  • Berlioz: Les Nuits d’ete
  • Chausson: Poeme de l’amour et de la mer
  • Schumann: Frauenliebe und leben

This is a FLAC download from Presto Classical, not the EMI/Warner CD box. Presents as one 83-track entity rather than a multi-disc set. This isn’t a problem, but makes the mult-part composition issue worse. Attempts to “groom” the metadata with work and part tags have been unsuccessful.

Hoping you could take a look at this @support - thanks.

Hi @Malcolm_Percival,

We are looking into this. Using the Elgar Sea Pictures as an example, can you share screenshots of how things look in Roon as well as the screenshots of the file tags?

Can you also share screenshots of Settings | Library | Import Settings?

Thanks!

1 Like

These are the files after I added a Work and Part tags to the Sea Pictures tracks. I’ve got a backup of the unaltered tracks if you’d like me to restore them.

Hi @Malcolm_Percival,

We looked into this and found that this issue is stemming from a known issue where a lyricist on classical compositions can confuse our identification process. I can’t say for certain when this issue will be resolved, but I’ll be sure to keep you updated here when more information is available.

Thanks,
Dylan

Thanks. :+1:t3: I’ve at least worked out how to get my edits to the work and part tags to show (took me long enough to work it out!)

I just added this album to my library from Tidal, and the work groupings look fine.

I have had the privilege of hearing Dame Janet in person twice here in San Francisco, including the very first concert she gave after being named Dame Commander.

1 Like

That edition seems to be structured as five discs like a CD set, and is grouped correctly on mine too. It is the purchased version (FLAC download presented as a single “disc” that seems to be broken.