Jazz groove.org

Yes I’ve been in contact with JG and they believe they’ve tracked down the issue down to some regional servers. Since then (3-4 days ago) JG via Roon using the PLS stream link has been streaming perfectly fine with no interruptions.

3 Likes

I’ve received a Lumin user inquiry about several Jazz Groove FLAC channels work but several others don’t. This could be a regional server issue that only affects some users.

FYI for anyone happen to be experiencing a similar issue.

To debug this, you need to use a web browser (Note: I use Firefox) on a computer or smartphone. Open the Jazz Groove account settings page and sign in to your Premium account, go to Audio Setting. Choose the FLAC quality, a station you’re having problem with, and Stream URL (not PLS). Copy it to a new browser tab and play it using the browser. If you can reproduce the problematic playback with the computer or smartphone, copy the URL from the browser (it is no longer the same as the one on the Jazz Groove account page because it has already redirected you to a new regional server - you need the final link) to an e-mail.

Once you’ve got the actual final (already redirected) link(s), you can send these links to Jazz Groove support, they’ll forward it to the streaming service provider and fix the problematic regional server.

Hey! Is it working now?
I have had to unsubscribe a couple times in the past because of the lack o metadata first and no connection later.
Thanks!
Javier

Jazz Groove has been steaming well for the last couple of months - metadata is provided and only a very occasional dropout.

Have been encountering issues with connecting to Jazzgroove for the past week or so using the PLS stream for JG #1 and JG #2 streams. When Roon does attempt to connect it takes 20-25secs to connect and often connects momentarily but then loses or drops the connection. Persistent attempts will sometimes succeed but frequently fails.

Please refer to my post in Sept. 21 for finding the actual streaming link (after web redirection), and report it to Jazz Groove. The URL should be in this format:
https://audio-edge-xxxxxxx.radiomast…x?token=xxxxxx

You will need to be able to identify the exact server in the server farm that is causing the problem for you in order for this to be solved, since it is not necessarily happening to all users because it’s a farm of servers, not one server. In particular, it is working normally for me while I type this post.

I was testing Mix #1 in my previous post. Today I tested Mix #2 for three hours without noticing any problem.

Hi Peter. I’ve been down this track before with JG (see my post above dated Sep 21). The issue in my case was related to regional servers used by JG to service my region (Perth Western Australia). I’ve reported this current problem to JG and they are investigating but haven’t heard anything back at this stage.

Also try different DNS.

What do the folks here mean when you say “JazzGroove provides metadata?” What should I expect to see in Roon controller as a subscriber to JG with FLAC stream. I DO see the song title text, but the image shown is still only the JG logo. No album artwork, is that expected?

Yes I believe that’s what JG is limited to at present and even that is a fairly recent addition.

I can’t find Jazz Groove in Live Radio directory. Should it be there? Am i doing something wrong?

If you’re a subscriber to JazzGroove, you’ll have to add the channel manually with credentials per wklie’s post above in the thread: Jazz groove.org - #156 by wklie

If not a subscriber to JazzGroove, then in Live Radio you can do a search for “jazz groove” (space included), click on those you’ll likely hear the “non-subscriber” streams from JazzGroove.

Yes, looking for the non-subscribers

I thnk it has something to do with the Local Station Radius but i don’t know how to turn that off…

Hmm, I don’t know how to bypass Roon’s radius/geographic filters.
If you check Jazz Groove’s public (non-subscriber) site, you can get links to their public streams.
Jazz Groove - Ways to Listen
I think one of those should work if you create your own station link.

The filter is only useful if the underlying list contains the station wanted, which may not be the case if you are looking at local stations.

A better method is to use the magnifying glass - that will find it.

Okay… got it!

By “better” method you mean “only” method.

Poor UI to let me search in filter with a mandatory location filter on. I guess I could write a feature request but can’t see that making the list

The filter works after a list has been made of stations. If the original list is geographically limited, then the filter won’t find more.

You don’t have to have the geographical filter on, that only applies if you are searching within Live Radio > local stations. You can use the Live Radio > Categories as well.

When I enter the screen, there are stations there, but it is not a list I made. It is Recent, Local, and Popular.

I don’t know what you mean after a. “list has been made”? How would I create a list?

I guess I see what you mean, to find Jazz stations, I have to scroll down, select Music, then select Jazz, then go back to filter to narrow down that list. Seems clunky to me.

To me, having Filter even available before I made a list is confusing.

In the end, this search area is for discovery to then add stations to My Live Radio.