Last week I noticed organist Jimmy Smith had two entries that I couldn’t merge. I noticed a similar thread about duplicates that couldn’t be merged and Roon staff was working on it. Today I looked up Jimmy Smith. There’s a single entry, however, when I click on it I get a message that says “This performer was not found”. Clearly a database snafu. Any idea how to fix this? BTW, I’ve got four Jimmy Smith albums. When I select any of them and click the link to Jimmy Smith, I get the same error message.
Apologies for the inconvenience. Can you select all four albums and try re-identifying them?
- Go to the Albums browser from the main menu.
- Use the funnel filter (top right) to filter all of your Jimmy Smith albums by typing “Jimmy Smith”.
- Select all the albums (Ctrl-A or Cmd-A).
- Select “Edit” (top right).
- Select “Re-Identify Albums” (2nd item under “Your File”).
That worked. Thanks alot.
I’ve been going through my Artists and I’ve found several that refuse to merge. As an example, I have two entries for John Sebastian. One lists him with 14 compositions and one lists him with 1 composition. The image is the same. When I select both entries to merge it lists the two entries but indicates both entries only have 1 composition. Then of course, it doesn’t merge.