Joni Mitchell pulls catalogue from Spotify

It may or may not be a coincidence but two of the newest Roon playlists feature Neil Young and Joni Mitchell. Enjoy.

1 Like

Nils Lofgren is the latest to join them. :+1:

4 Likes

I’m happy to see that fellow Canadians got this ball rolling.

1 Like

Regardless of the wrongs or rights in this matter, investor confidence is key for Spotify. Unlike Amazon and Apple, Spotify is running at a loss. That’s not really a problem if you have investor confidence. If that confidence wavers then there could be trouble.

Tidal lost my business over the Neil Young loss (I was one of the few :rofl:).

Went to Qobuz and I actually like it better. I will never go back to Tidal now as am very happy Sound Quality and Playlist wise but would never have needed to move if it wasn’t for Mr Young taking his content of Tidal.

Good to see some artists standing up for what they believe in.

3 Likes

A Spotify listener don’t need him around anyhow :sunglasses:

Him? This discussion title is about Joni Mitchell, a “her.” Anyway, it’s now “them”. And I have no idea what you’re talking about. Are you implying that Spotify users have different musical tastes, or just being elitist?

So either you don’t like Neil or Joni or Nils, or you think Spotify users don’t have refined musical tastes. Which one is it?

FYI

“don’t need him around anyhow” is a reference to the lyrics of sweet home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd. That lyric was directly pointed at Neil young in response to Neil Young’s “Southern Man”, among other things.

2 Likes

Finally :clap: :clap:

In my humble opinion, there is always more to learn about music and music history.

If a fellow user is not understanding your reference, then please, take that as an opportunity to share and explain.

1 Like

Agreed, that’s better than assuming illiteracy.

Actually, I’m familiar with those lyrics, although I confess I haven’t heard them in awhile. But I still don’t understand the point, other than the poster’s need to show us that, like everyone, he can remember five or six words of a song. It’s a non sequitur. However, in his own eyes he’s a genius.
Perhaps “Spotify don’t need him around anyhow” would have led more of us to appreciate the supposed wizardry of his borrowed words.

@moderators alert - thread threatening to go “political” again!

2 Likes

Ok thus topic has drifted into politics and overly heated. Calling a time out.
Topic closed for now.

6 Likes