JRiver can sound better than Roon, it's scientific ;)

… with some delays:
Great to receive comments about why not using Meridian products after commenting on another recommending to use Tidal, in a tribune about Roon.
So with Meridian hardware and Tidal software, I could even avoid Roon, right ?

…I know Meridian products and Meridian is one of the leaders in digital audio, that they started early on. What is nice with Roon, is that it does not bind you with specific hardware Endor. Yet its digital transfer and DSP features are as transparent as the best on the hi-end market. That is why it makes sense to perfect some basic functionalities, while keeping the transparency of the audio path.

Something else now. Has anyone experienced the same difficulty as me with his Roon playlists after changing hard-drive path or name (for backup and safe storage reasons) ? Maybe I should open a thread on this…All tracks from previous path become unavailable.
Is there a trick for example to export the playlists, edit the path by global substitution then reimport ?
I did not find any solution except than remove and replace manually EACH track. Hundreds of them in playlist. This is dumb work and time lost while a simple functionality should enable to change path or propose alternate paths, perhaps more elegant.
No external disk is warranted for lifetime, and no network configuration will last forever, so this playlist stuff is a general issue that I would like ROON developers to consider. Those need to evolve somehow!

I would love to hear about this! Could you update this thread, when any progress is made about this?

I would love to move my whole audio setup to Roon, but I need fletcher-munson for this, because I quite often have to hear at low volume levels. I self implemented this using digital room correction filters loundness correct through sox and then switching the filters in brutefir via its CLI. It was quite a pain to grep the volume from airplay to apply volume changes from airplay via script to brutefir.

No bites in my Tinkering lure:

A couple of other interesting threads on the topic here:

Jan has dropped into the Tinkering thread to note that the API doesn’t permit this yet. I had been thinking that an extension could call a preset DSP PEQ curve at various volume points, but the API doesn’t cover calling preset DSP settings at the moment.

I am not really into Roons API. Would it be possible to call a script/command line on a node? With changed settings. Then a player could tinker with the new settings itself.

This is the way I solved it via Airplay (shairport). You can direct the calls like volume change to a file, I use a pipe. The pipe is read by a script and volume changes are then used to call the brutefir CLI, changing the filter for DRC processing. The filter then provides the volume curve with loudness.