Just finished my free trial and having paid, suddenly slow performance

Hi folks

I’m sure this is just coincidence, but having enjoyed my free trial with flawless performance throughout, having just paid for my first year, I’m experiencing issues.

My ROON core is running on a MacPro 5.1 12 core with 96GB RAM and fast SSD. It’s running MacOS 10.14: Mojave

My library is on a NAS

This evening I’m finding ROON very slow to respond and load album or artist info.

I’ve checked my internet connection speed and all is fine, also I have PLEX running the same library on the same machine and response time there is as instant as normal, so this is definitely a ROON issue specifically.

Response is slow on all devices and the core machine itself.

Are there any obvious and easy fixes I should be made aware of?

Any help gratefully received.

Sometimes rebooting everything, including your router, is a good place to start.

I didn’t read his post that way, especially since he then stated that he was sure it was a coincidence.

I didn’t. I inadvertently failed to include the first two letters of your sentence.

That was paid for. I had it for a couple of years but didn’t think I was getting enough out of it, but I found I missed it too much so came back.

Weirdly it now seems to have sorted itself out and seems to be performing normally.

I haven’t restarted either ROON or the core machine in the meantime.

If I’ve upset anyone with anything I inadvertently implied in my original post, I apologise.

If I’m honest, I’m a bit disappointed by some of the seemingly angry posts this thread seems to have collected already.

1 Like

Welcome back.

Peace.

My apologies for contributing to derailing this thread, to both your and @xxx . A welcome back from me too.

1 Like

Hi @Steven_Gascoyne,

Welcome back to Roon!

It’s possible that the slow performance was a side-effect of the database updating (considering Roon wasn’t started for some time).

In any case, please do let us know if you run into any other difficulties with Roon and we would be more than happy to take another look!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.