Just gone over the 50% Tidal Vs local albums - your %s?

Playing around today after buying a couple of my “most played” albums so that i have my own rather than streamed versions, I noticed that after a couple of years of Tidal I now have 3459 Total Albums in Roon of which 1790 are tidal.
And?

13% Tidal, 52% Qobuz, 35% Local, 1629 Total.

2% Qobuz, 0.05% Tidal, 97.5% local, 5,754 total albums

.01% streaming. Albums I add via streaming last only long enough for me to acquire the actual files, then the streaming versions get removed.

2 Likes

100% local.

14% Qobuz; 86% local. Total albums=3569

1491 albums in total

Only 51 local, the ones that are not available on Qobuz.

So only 3,42% local…

Of 1247 albums, 107 (8.5%) are streamed from Qobuz.

Same as @evand, 100% local. Not even radio stations…

98% Local except where Roon Radio inflicts tracks on me

I still don’t trust the longevity of Tidal & Roon . albeit with no evidence , just gut feeling

1 Like

Those darned automobiles are doomed too.

2 Likes

531 TIDAL and 3436 local

4747 total
1679 local = 35%
2215 Tidal = 47%
853 Qobuz = 18%

More interesting — added in the last 12 months:
1108 total
16 local = 1%
350 Tidal = 32%
742 Qobuz = 67%

The 16 local albums added in the last year are also 1% of the total local tracks. (Really only 12 music tracks, 4 were test tracks)

1 Like

100% local.

Yeah, but buying those albums I added from T8dal and Qobuz would have cost me $20,000, an expensive insurance policy. I protect myself by doing a monthly export to Excel, if streaming services go away and can buy the albums when I know I need them.

I think there will always be multiple streaming sources for high resolution music. If it’s not Tidal and Qobuz, it will be someone else.

1 Like

1686 Tidal vs 688 Local

0.00001% Tidal, the rest are local flac files.

I don’t trust the streaming services and it’s quite possible that what’s now going on in video streaming will soon happen to music streaming. By that I mean that the record companies may decide to launch their own streaming services and then one will need multiple streaming services to get the music that is now available on just one service.

Simple rule to follow: If A extracts more money from the consumer than B, then A will replace B.

I guess it’s a question of how much money do you want to spend purchasing music to guard against something such as this? For me, it’s $ zero.

1 Like

And how much money you have. :slight_smile:

1 Like