Just updated Roon, now will not integrate with Tidal

Need help. I have not used my stereo in over a month as I had some work being done in my home. Now with the lockdown, I set my stereo back up yesterday. When I fired up roon it integrated with tidal and everything was ok. Then roon did an update to my Samsung tablet, and samsung phone. Now Roon will see tidal , but only one of my albums show and when I press it to play I get the messages stating, track is currently not unavailable, to many failures stopping playback. If I do a search say for Sinatra, same thing happens when I hit any song. If I just load Tidal up on my tablet it works fine. Should I uninstall Roon and then reinstall. Any help would be appreciated. Follow-up. I can get the Roon live radio. Just issue with Tidal.

with 1/3 of the world in lockdown or close to it my guess is streaming is going to be getting hammered and as such the servers and networks are probably not coping too well in some areas. I have a very stable network and crazy fast 1Gbps 2 way connection and still I get tidal media slow to load errors when nothing has changed in my setups

Have you re booted your core? Always worth doing first

Hi @David_Benson,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does the same issue occur after a reboot?

What if you play to System Output of the Core or a remote?

Yes, I have rebooted the core. I have re-installed Tidal as well. I can use Tidal outside of Roon and it works as it should. Once I activate Roon, it will allow me to log into Tidal, however nothing will play through Tidal.

This is my system, Roon Nucleus, Mytek Brooklyn Dac +, Samsung Tablet. On my Tablet I have both the Roon application software, and the Tidal Software. I can play Tidal on the Samsung with no issues. However when I start Roon using the Tablet it loads up and does load Tidal. However nothing on Tidal will play. I have logged out of both Tidal and Roon and logged back in. Still will not play anything on Tidal. I have rebooted both the Nucleus and the Samsung Tablet, still have the same issues with Roon not being able to play anything on Tidal. This all started as I have indicated when 2 days ago Roon updated its software (this was the first time I have accessed Roon in a month due to work being done in home). Roon worked fine when I started my system, Tidal played as it should using Roon. Then I saw the notification a Roon update was available, I clicked it on. From this point forward Roon was unable to access Tidal. Please advise.

Hi @David_Benson,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs as well as the track you were trying to play. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Started Roon at 6:31pm PST Monday 3/30/20. When Roon loaded up on my Samsung tablet, it also started Tidal. Tidal on Roon only shows I have one album. Hardcastle III. I clicked the Hardcastle III album, hit play, and still get the same messages. The track is currently unavailable, and, to many failures stopping playback.

Next 6:32 under Tidal Albums, showing tried Vanessa Carlton Love is an art album, song Can’t stay the same. Same messages.

Next 6:34 search for Sting, album – The dream of blue turtles, song If you love somebody. Same messages as before.

If I play Tidal on its own on my tablet, it works as it should showing all albums and my playlist.

Someone from a Roon group suggested I do a reinstall of the Roon OS on my Nucleus. And restart Roon Server, via web utility.

Is this something you would recommend

Hi @David_Benson,

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

I did do a backup on an external drive. Then I reinstalled the Nucleus OS, as well as restarting the Roon Server Software, and reset the Roon Database, hoping this would solve the issue with Tidal.

However after re-logging into Roon, then re-logging into Tidal via Roon, the issue with Tidal is still the same. Tidal only shows me 1 album (Hardcastle III), and gives me the same two messages when trying to play an song from any of the music displayed in all sections.

Please advise.

Hi @David_Benson,

Looking at the diagnostics report, it appears that there are errors with Roon accessing the TIDAL media, reporting not found errors. There are a couple of places something like this could stem from, but the first place I’d like to check is the TIDAL account itself. I’ll be following up with via a Private Message for our next step.

Update: This was a TIDAL account issue and has been resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.