Keep getting "new software must update database" message

You don’t have to pre-schedule. Just do it, make a note of the time (your timezone) when you do it and tell Roon Labs the time of the reboot. Roon Labs can retrieve the logs after the event and diagnose them.

1 Like

Hi @robert_vanarsdall,

As Geoff mentioned, no need to schedule a time — You can just let us know after the fact that you’ve had this occur and make a note of the time it happened.

Thanks!

Restarted at 10:02pm EST and received the same message: “The new version of Roon you installed must update the database”. Stall is only for a few seconds, nowhere near the time required after installing the new version. Just odd it has to do this every time Roon starts up.

Bob

Started Roon at 7:14am EST and it did NOT give me the database message.

Bob

Thanks, @robert_vanarsdall!

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Can you let us know if future restarts are also not doing this?

A post was split to a new topic: Getting “new software must update database” message

Now Roon’s making a liar out of me. Except for once, Roon has opened without the message since my original post. It does take awhile, with the Roon round icon signaling, but eventually everything comes up fine.

File this in “fixed itself”, or something.

A little after I wrote the previous message, I restarted Roon just to see. At 9:56pm EST I got the message “The new version of Roon you installed…”

So it is still occurring, just sporadically. Sorry for this quirky problem -

Happened again this morning @ 10:13am EST.

Bob

Hi @robert_vanarsdall,

Thanks for the updates here. I’ve enabled diagnostics so the team can look into this, I’ll be sure to follow up once I have their feedback.

@dylan,
Received this message again on bootup at 7:19am EST.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Getting update database message after restart

Hi @robert_vanarsdall,

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Please note that the queue time is a little longer than average for the team due to the holidays, so your patience is appreciated as we look into this.

Thanks!

Vog -

It happens very infrequently, but I’m letting Roon know each time it happens. No resolution as of yet, but then it isn’t a huge problem as problems go.

A post was split to a new topic: Frequent update database message

Happened again tonight at 11:03 EST

Hi @robert_vanarsdall,

I just wanted to let you know the team is still looking into this and we are also gathering data from others who have reported a similar issue. I’ll be sure to follow up once the team has feedback from their ongoing investigation.

Happened this morning on startup at 10:17am EST.

And again tonight at 10:23pm EST.

Happened again on Roon startup at 10:25pm EST