Keeps crashing on my Sony xz2

keeps crashing on sony xz2 - qnap/amd with roon 1.7 (build 521) since 2 days. reinstalled 3 times…
after the first lunch it takes a bit for crash the first time, then i can not enter it anymore while it stays active in the backround.

Hi @Max_Hudini,

How long after launching does it take for the app to crash? Is there any specific action that seems to cause it to happen?

Any change if you reboot the device?

no, rebooting or reinstalling not helped it was dead…

today i reinstalled again and everything works fine since 3 hours.
did you guys do anything?

the only thing i did maybe leads to the problems before was renaming the roon (android) and give it a symbol. thats the only thing i did.

offtopic
im a new lifetime subcriber and have almost no use for the android app because i cant stream outside my home, it has no sleeptimer and no usefull support for audio books. but its my own fault of course

it was broken again (after 9 hours on time, with max. 1 hour listening to music). after reinstall it works again so far

Hi @Max_Hudini,

Have you noticed any patterns in what seems to trigger the crash? Does it only occur if you select an album with no cover art?

no, i not recognised any pattern before…

this is what i did the last 15 minutes

1. because you asked me about it i tryed to play an album without cover. the first one played without problems. tryed another one and it crashed.
  2. reinstalled then tryed again. this time it crashed on the first try playing an album without cover.
  3. reinstalled then tryed again. this time it crashed on the first try playing an album without cover.

so this could be the problem i guess.

Thanks for confirming, @Max_Hudini! Our team is currently tracking this issue and investigating a solution. We’ll be sure to reach out as soon as we have more information about this.

Hello,

We’ve released a new update, Roon 1.7 Build 528, which contains improvements that we believe will help with the issues you are experiencing here. Please see our release notes below:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.