Roon keeps moving to next song

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mac book Pro on latest software

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Xfinity high speed wifi.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Keeps moving to next song and gives error that

“Media is loading slowly and may indicate a network connectivity error”.

My internet is fine and many other devices and apps work fine and check the speed and all is fine.

Hi Ray,

Yup, I know that message!

It typically (in my case) means that Roon is loading up new tracks and is using a lot of processing power. (Excuse my lack of technical terminology)

There have been threads requesting that Roon did not skip under such conditions and just started the track again. Unfortunately, it seems those suggestions have fallen on deaf ears, despite receiving positive feedback by users.

You will typically find that Roon ‘people’ do not accept that such issues are software related and all faults must be either your hardware or network, regardless of your set-up. Further, it is immaterial if other apps work fine, because they are not Roon. :laughing:

When I load up a large(ish) number of albums, I tend to let Roon find them first before playing music. That seems to mitigate any problems that may occur in my case.

Cheers. :musical_note:

1 Like

Hello @Ray_Kunkel, it would help support if you gave some more information about your setup (this link will help)

In particular how your audio components are linked and whether you are using a streaming service.

I am using Roon on my MacBook Pro with wireless and plays through BlueSound Vault which are connected be Ethernet cables

Hello @Ray_Kunkel, can you elaborate on your network setup such as what router you’re using and if there’s any other networking gear in place? Also, is this happening with local content, streamed content? Both?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.