apple MacBook air M1,8gb, Version 14.0 (23A344

Networking Gear & Setup Details

gateway model# TG4482A WIFI NO VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Bluesound node 2i

Number of Tracks in Library

1542 tracks

Description of Issue

it rarely works for 15 minutes before stopping and freezing up. Just now I played one song then it wouldn’t play after that. I have tried your community site to resolve this and have suggestions for fixing the issue with no positive outcome. The help from ROON has been challenging at best.
error message says TIDAL media is loading slowly. “This may indicate a networking or connectivity problem”

Just another user here, wondering if you’re connecting your MacBook over WiFi, which is the number one reason for such troubles.
You owe it to yourself to at least test if a wired Ethernet connection remedies such behavior - see Roon’s networking best practices article here.

1 Like

As above Roon has challenges when the Server to Router is not Ethernet. The end point is also better wired

Hello @Tex_Henry ,

AS other users mentioned, the most common cause of connectivity issues is using WiFi, are both the Roon Server and the Node 2i plugged in via Ethernet? If you try to play to your Macbook’s System Output zone (the internal speakers), do you have any playback issues with that zone?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.