KEF LS50 wireless - roon ready? [not roon ready, but supported natively]

Did you guys catch this:

1 Like

Yes, but just being very patient. :innocent:

I appreciate the information shared on this thread. I have found the combination of Roon and Tidal have made me want to listen to music again. As for the Kef Ls50W’s, I find them an unbelievable bargain and truly fantastic above 50 cycles.

I am a Mac guy as well. Did KEF state what the next firmware update will entail?

To be honest I did not ask them that question. They are usually non-commital so I didn’t bother. Glad you got it all tweaked up and working. Good on you.

Thanks John, this streaming audio is new to me as I have been a old school audio guy for many years now. I am really amazed at how good it can sound.

Bump. No updates?

Nope. I would not hold my breath.

Just add a Micrcrendu like we have John. I switched the power supply to a UpTone LPS-1 and the USB to Cabledyne Premier Silver. Much smoother and improved bass control.

Yeah but I think what everyone really wants is native support for Roon through the ethernet port.

2 Likes

Damning with faint praise…

(From a fellow M owner.)

I thought this hint hint wink wink means it’s officially in progress with Roon testing it? So just requires patience for Roon and KEF to test it properly, no?

2 Likes

Hi Anders

In today’s world I believe Meridians config app, rs232/Usb mix of connectivity and need for null modem cables and adapters needs to be brought up to date and simplified.
I have moved away from Meridian though so all this is no longer relevant for me.

Russ

:slight_smile: @hk6230 pinged me about this.

All I can say is @danny thanks for working on it! We are definitely thinking what you are thinking :slight_smile: with Wink-hint, nice way to tell us. All the best to make them Roon ready / Friendly / some how identify them through ETH cable or what every works. For now i m happy with USB.

I like ETH cable way of ID these speakers than wifi. LS50 app is very very stupid and useless app. I discarded using it like trash the 2nd day of using it.

1 Like

21 posts were split to a new topic: KEF LS50W Firmware update

Heh…just saw this, Google it. All is possible and not hard to find.

Nope, sorry, that is a copout answer.

Identify MacOS programs that decode HDCD, detect pre-emphasis flags in subcode, and verify/repair previous CD rips via the CUETools database.

AJ

I’m not really clear on what you are saying probably because I just started using Roon now that they fixed the Apple TV issues.
My MicroRendu is coming today and I was planning on connecting it to my Kefs by USB.
I was already thinking I wanted something to run Roon Core instead of my Mac and SonicOrbiter looks like the way to go.
Are you saying I would not need to direct connect the MicroRendu to the Kefs and can use Kefs and Roons ability to do DLNA/UPNP instead?

It is not anyone else’s job to prove your negative especially since you are so clearly misinformed and haven’t take the trouble to look.

@DarwinOS and @WiWavelength , Please keep on the topic - KEF LS50 Wireless - roon ready?

1 Like