KEF LS50W Firmware update

Just updated firmware ! It took nearly 30-40mins.
Versions are correct.

Btw where to register my speakers? -> Done!

I canā€™t get the Disable Auto Standby to work on my KEF50W. I still only get 60 minutes before they shut down. Anyone else follow the directions above and get the command to take?

Yes I said I went by the directions. Iā€™m not really sure if that is what you are getting at.

From the directions;
Connect USB cable from speaker to computer.
Switch to Wi-Fi source and make sure Wi-Fi indicator is solid white.

It says the speakers will connect to the Internet to check for the latest update but it sure looks to me like it is getting it from the .DMG file.

Itā€™s weird that the firmware update is not on the page for the speakers. It should at least be in the FAQ section.

Iā€™m going to retry changing the settings to 60 minutes again but not really expecting it to stay there. In my case it went from working for 60 minutes and changed to staying on all the time.
60 minutes is ideal for me because 20 minutes is too short and I donā€™t want them on all the time both to waste power and generate heat inside the speakers for sustained periods.
Iā€™m starting wonder if itā€™s not just poor software development but also an issue with the firmware.

I would love to see a comparison of these speakers with the Dynaudio Xeo 4ā€™s. I like the concept and sound alot but not so much Kefā€™s execution.

This is my bad. Itā€™s not wireless as I had previously thought. It is done via USB as you stated. Not sure how I got confused but I sure did. Must be old age.

Been there.
So my Microrendu was supposed to arrive today but was delayed by one day. I asked you somewhere if you have played Tidal MQA through yours to the speaker and if it passed through?

Yes I did but since this is my second system no real critical listening is done here so I never really used the mR to evaluate the MQA signal.

Ok thanks. Btw I was talking about the issues with the update on the AVS Forum and Kef support responded to the forum post asking me to submit support requests by the new help functionality in the app.

For those who are interested, apparently, Kef will be updating the firmware in the coming weeks. One feature Iā€™m aware of will be the ability to swap the main speaker from the right channel to the left channel. Nice to know Kef are listening and continuing to develop the software capability of these units.

Good news. Thanks for the update.

Anyone any luck yet with the 9 October firmware update of the KEF LS50 wireless? I am getting an Error 301 trying to update. It says my PC is not connected to the internet. Off course it is and firewalls etc. are disabledā€¦

Exactly the same for me

Ah, doesnā€™t surprise meā€¦ Thx for your reply.
And thank you KEF :wink:

KEF = great at speakers and terrible at software.

1 Like

just updated firmware with no issues.

app shows spotify but no setting for left right swapā€¦

same for me, error and no internet connection issue. bearFNF can you describe what you did ?

Heading

@bearFNF See new Kef thread for instructions.

1 Like

For real and also communicating to their customers.

I was succesful tonight. Only thing I did different: I reset my speakers and connected both my laptop and my speakers wireless to the same wifi access point,

1 Like

OK so I succeeded. I decided to right click and used compatibility troubleshooter. It suggested Windows 8 compatibility mode and off to the races we go. 15 minutes later they restarted and they showed up under Spotify as an option to stream to. Have not tried swapping left right but thatā€™s not something I was looking for.

Mac version of the update finally available.