KEF LS50W II driver issue(?)

Hi folks,

I just got a pair of the LS50W II.

On one unit has some optical issue in the rubber on the drivers. I don’t think it will affect the functionality, but it doesn’t look good at all. It is like a little piece of rubber is missing or unevenly cut in production

and you can see it from 1m distance if you look at. What do you think? Return or not? I can imagine, that if I decide to sell it in a couple of years, this would become an issue.

Not to feed your OCD, but, I see other areas on the same diameter with issues.

Unless its just the photo.

If it bothers you and they are within warranty, you could try to get them exchanged.
I just checked both of mine and they do not show this issue.

1 Like

Thanks! The change in diameter is present in some KEFs (LSX and LS50W) I saw online and live. My LSX has this as well and the measurements are all fine. This isn’t bothering me much, but this spot adds up to annoy me a lot…other areas are fine, just photo.

1 Like

They have medicine to treat this affliction. By the way it looks fine to me.

1 Like

Yeah medicine would be great tbh…in person it looks more prominent as on the photos.

How does mine look?

.sjb

1 Like

Excellent. As my other one :slight_smile:

Sorry I was being a bit facetious.

I’d certainly contact KEF with the photo and presumably they will either say, that’s within tolerances and won’t affect sound and you have this information upon resale or there is an issue and they will either offer to fix it or perhaps arrange a partial refund.

If you’re like me it will always bug you and perhaps you’d be better off seeing if you could get a replacement.

.sjb

1 Like

Thanks for your humor - really didn’t get it first (no native speaker and it is really late hier in Europe). Yeah I think it will bother me, as the missing rubber piece + asymmetry is really annoying together. The other one is just fine, so why not both?

PS: I just looked at the photos and it is funny to see how things change when you see them in person.

2 Likes

LOL,
Might just be dirt on the lens?

Yes, I know you were being funny… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Trying to be mildly humorous!

.sjb

2 Likes

LOL :joy:

Yeah I think everybody is right here and funny and OCD…